Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Motor Caravans Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vehicle test - pleasant surprise by JTM
A couple of weeks ago I went to the testing station to book in my (French) van. I explained it was just 3 years (and a few weeks) old. In France they are not tested until 4 years!! So I have another twelve months to save up for it. John --
October 28th 10 01:01 PM
by JTM Go to last post
0 788
What I did on my holidays by OG
The group seems far too quiet, so here is a thread for anyone to join. For me, Scotland trip in July Dumfries and Galloway, Trossachs, Arisaig, 3 nights on Skye, 1 night on a Forestry Commission car park overlooking the Sound of Mull, 3 nights on Mull, 2 nights in Edinburgh. Our first extended holiday using the 'van' (a Wellhouse Leisure Granvia conversion). Very happy with everything, apart...
September 7th 10 11:27 PM
by OG Go to last post
5 591
Questions from a newbie by Leigher
Hi, We used to have a caravan when the kids were living with us. They grew up and left and we resorted to more usual holidays. Now we want to try a two berth campervan. We recently visited NZ and found loads there, almost every one being rented by a Brit or other European. And it looked great. So we want to try it out for a week in October.
August 9th 10 07:53 AM
by Leigher Go to last post
4 656
Gas at petrol stations by James Harris
Anyone know if there are different types of gas available at petrol stations and, if so, what they are? I was once told by a garage cashier that the gas they had wasn't suitable for my motorhome. He directed me to another garage where I was able to fill up. Looking round for some info on the topic I think the motorhome can fill up with LPG which is also available under a brand name of Autogas. ...
August 2nd 10 11:17 PM
by James Harris Go to last post
2 715
Swift Royale 5.9 tyre pressures? by Dave Smith
Hi does anybody have any details as to what the correct tyre pressure should be for a Swift Royale 5.9m (mine is a 1996 model). I have contacted Swift who referred me to a Fiat dealer. i have checked my Fiat handbook and label on the door and it states 5 bar (apx. 73 psi)but a tyre dealer thought this was too excessive. Regards Dave
July 21st 10 01:00 PM
by gary Go to last post
6 1,251
We're on our 3rd chimney... by aiden
....even tho' we try and manoevre as carefully as possible. So, for this one we've (her idea) tightly tied a piece of string round the outlet in the roof and attached the other end to the chimney cap - that keeps coming off. We reckon by the time the gases from the fire get up there they'll be cool enough not to worry about the heat. Anyone else use this idea?
July 10th 10 10:02 AM
by aiden Go to last post
0 519
Lookout for KC52 YRY by Join Evan Chandler in Hell Gavin Arvizo
Lookout for KC52 YRY It is a blue Lexus. He is a car vandal and smokes spliff while driving. He drives around Enfield Island Village every morning.
July 8th 10 11:46 AM
by Join Evan Chandler in Hell Gavin Arvizo Go to last post
0 532
Netherlands Campervan Hire - Local Costs and tips? by CamperVanner
What does it cost to hire a campervan locally in the Netherlands? Are there plenty advertised at Amsterdam airport that you can just call up and not have to book ahead, what with the GFC and all? One with a shower and toilet that will accommodate two people comfortably but us usually advertised as a 4 berth, which is really rubbish if you want any comfort. Typical 2 to 2.5 Litre diesel rig, for...
July 8th 10 07:56 AM
by CamperVanner Go to last post
0 574
Low Mileages by fwe
Motorhomes are supposed to have a low depreciation due to the "low annual mileages they cover" to quote one motorhome dealers site. However my dealer who I am in dispute with about an engine fault has provided the following statement " we are aware that low mileage in a vehicle can contribute to or exacerbate problems rather than reduce the likelihood of them occurring" So what does this do...
July 5th 10 08:46 AM
by aiden Go to last post
7 772
Lookout for KC52 YRY by Jose Sanchez is a pedo
Lookout for KC52 YRY It is a blue Lexus. He is a car vandal and smokes spliff while driving. He drives around Enfield Island Village every morning.
June 30th 10 06:12 AM
by Jose Sanchez is a pedo Go to last post
0 500
Keeping the water tank fresh by OG
Earlier in the year we filled the fresh water tank for a weekend camping. A couple of months later, we were away again, so I topped it up before we went, but the water came out slightly stale and tainted. Given that there's no drain cock on the tank other than through the tap into the bowl, what's the usual way of keeping the fresh water tank nice and clean inside?
June 29th 10 09:58 PM
by OG Go to last post
2 659
Tyres by Dutchman
Need to change my 4 tyres on my 7 year old 3.5 kgs motorhome. Only 17000 miles but worn on the sides. Been looking on the web and found conti van tyres (215/75/16) half the price than motorhome tyres. Could someone please advise as to whether its a good idea or not .. This site seems to have the best prices fitted in the UK, Has anyone used them Thanks...
June 28th 10 08:25 AM
by Andy R Go to last post
4 866
truma water heater by JTM
Hello, Pilote based van with a Truma gas water heater similar in looks to the 'Ultrastore' 10 litre on the Truma website. It is supplied by a Pilote 'Floking' pump. Checking it out today ready for going off tomorrow (Thurs) and the heater heats the water all right and the pump pumps. BUT the water has a constant 'bubbling' and there seems to
June 17th 10 12:31 PM
by JTM Go to last post
2 525
Trip Computer MPG by hugh
2008 Peugeot Boxer based 2 berth low line motorcaravan. According to the trip computer it's returning 34/35 mpg. I was quite impressed with that - until I thought I'd do a manual check. Filled up did about 300 miles and filed up again. Did the maths and it came out at about 28 mpg. Done this twice, same result. Anyone got a similar van and if so what mpg do you get? -- hugh "Believe nothing....
June 16th 10 10:34 PM
by hugh Go to last post
0 502
Does one have to buy Michelin? by aiden
Have recently bought a used 2004 Swift Sundance 530LP. Tyres are crazed even tho' only done 12000m - Michelin Camping Xs So thinking we should change them all. Continental 215/70/R15 - 85 Michelin 215/70/R15C -118 Are Michelin safer, better, only ones we should buy?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 15th 10 06:55 PM
by Ian Go to last post
27 5,931
Elecsol Carbon Fibre Batteries by hugh
Time to buy a new leisure battery and I spotted one of these in the local dealer's. I was a bit surprised that the assistant made no attempt to sell me one at all even though they had no other 110aHs in stock. Did a Google and found a few people very critical of Elecsol's after sales service when they came to make a claim under the 5 year warranty. Those who had had no need to make a...
April 8th 10 06:56 PM
by hugh Go to last post
2 735
NBA jersey numbers by Jane Sullivan
www.jersey-2009.com wrote: NBA jersey numbers And this has precisely what to do with model railways? -- Jane
April 2nd 10 02:26 PM
by Wolf K Go to last post
1 388
Isabel Maldonado by Isabel Maldonado
Test News Sorry -- Isabel Maldonado My Page http://www.buscaconcurso.com/
March 30th 10 08:09 PM
by Isabel Maldonado Go to last post
0 404
FS: Smart car trailer by Gazz
got my smart car trailer on fleabay if anyones interested: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/220570489311 it's on a fixed price listing,
March 22nd 10 11:22 AM
by Gazz Go to last post
0 427
Roof Lining by Barno
Hi I was wondering if anybody knows how to get the roof lining down in a Talbot Avalon. The material on mine has started to droop and I want to re glue it. I cant see how it is held up. Regards, Neil
March 12th 10 08:08 AM
by Barno Go to last post
2 955
Post New Thread