Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Motor Caravans Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Pilote R750 wiring by Charles Hamilton
On my recently acquired 1989 Pilote R750 someone has lashed up a switch into the wiring on the steering column which appears to isolate the ignition acting as a security device, and also switches between the two batteries. The wiring diagram in the handbook which came with it is about as explicit as a manifesto speech!!! Does anyone have a good diagram for the wiring so that I can sort it...
March 12th 10 12:13 AM
by Charles Hamilton Go to last post
0 569
Caravan/motorhome/conversion spares by chris 159
I hope this isn't against group rules. I have some caravan spares for sale on ebay. There's an electrolux fridge, a carver truman heater with air blower, ducting, vents and thermostat, and there's a sink/drainer/stove/grill unit. They can be found here - http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZchris_et_samQQhtZ-1 Thanks for looking, and my apologies if i posted against rules. Chris
March 1st 10 09:13 PM
by chris 159 Go to last post
0 392
Nice Awning by GrahamW
What would the wardens make of this if it set up on a CC site? Graham -- What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?
February 2nd 10 11:46 PM
by hugh Go to last post
4 457
Salamanca by Dave D
We are thinking of making a trip to inland Spain in May and were wondering if anybody here had any experience of the campsites around Salamanca and any sites they could recommend across Spain coming from the Biarritz side of France. I know France well but my knowledge of Spain is limited to the Costa Brava. I shall be towing a caravan. Regards Dave
January 31st 10 04:11 PM
by Dave D Go to last post
0 355
motorhome hire by david coleman
Does anyone know where I can hire a high top two berth with end beds. east midlands Dave coleman
January 28th 10 07:56 AM
by Andy R Go to last post
1 358
Parts query. by Charles Hamilton
I'm looking for a front nearside indicator glass for my 1989 Pilote R750 ( Talbot Express based). Had no luck at all with the "Parts search" brigade and local dismantlers. Can anyone help please??
January 24th 10 01:01 PM
by Charles Hamilton Go to last post
0 353
A Super Motorhome For Sale - VW Trident T4 by alan
An absolutely super motorhome has just been made avaiable now weve just come back off holiday - sadly it must go as the new Autosleeper will soon arrive.. 27 thousand genuine documented miles - and looks like new ! See our persoanl homepage for details http://homepages.tesco.net/aquablue/vw/index.html
January 9th 10 12:59 PM
by william rock Go to last post
3 641
It's cold by JTM
Setting off tomorrow from mid France where it's cccold. (-5) Had a sprinkle of snow this morning, first since before Christmas. Think we'll head for Seville and then round the coast to Malaga. Must get another bottle of propane. . . John --
January 7th 10 08:48 PM
by hugh Go to last post
1 393
help with cleaning company or cleaning compounds by al
hiya all, i have a problem that i'm not solving too well myself. my motorhome is parked under trees (no choice) and so far has collected a lot of green mossy/algae kind of stuff on the roof. it looks awful :(
December 5th 09 06:42 PM
by Hilary[_5_] Go to last post
4 538
Second Battery by barno
Hi all, Can someone tell me how to connect a second leisure battery into my Talbot Avalon to give me more 12v than the one I currently have. i.e which terminal connects to which. Also will the current alternator charge it or will I need to install a larger one? TIA, Barno.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 09 09:13 PM
by Josiah Jenkins[_3_] Go to last post
10 1,099
Innocent to pay court costs by Geoff Lane[_2_]
Since motorcaravanners are motorists, this could affect us all: I recently became aware of a government move to change the rules by which motorists who are acquitted are reimbursed their legal costs. It seems that from this month, the maximum costs you can be awarded are at the prevailing legal aid rate, which means that you'll probably have to pay most of your costs if you choose to be...
October 22nd 09 09:13 AM
by Geoff Lane[_2_] Go to last post
0 484
Motorcaravans by Margarita
Hi. Could anybody give me an advise? 2 month ago I bought a caravan ALSENA, 20 years old. I brought it out of UK, and deside to sell it. The problem is that if I selling a caravan in that EU country I have to have Registration documents (like LogBook for the car in UK). I called to DVLA, they explained to me that caravans are not registering in UK. What I should do now? Who could give a document...
October 11th 09 07:09 PM
by Josiah Jenkins[_3_] Go to last post
8 539
Talbot Avalon by Barno
Hi all, I have finally taken delivery of my second hand Talbot Avalon. All seems well everything seems to work on gas and full 240v electrics. However I seem to have a problem with the 12v side of things. The motorhome has a Zig CF8 unit in it. The 12v works fine when switched to the driving position, but there are no 12v when in the parked position. I have checked the second battery and it...
October 7th 09 03:45 PM
by Barno Go to last post
3 788
top radiator hose by hymer46
HI Does anyone know where i could get a top radiator hose for a 91 fiat ducato 1929cc diesel,tried a dozen places in the motor trade without success.all answers appreciated.thanks hymer46
October 5th 09 09:32 PM
by hymer46 Go to last post
4 529
Digital Switch Over by hugh
Happens very shortly in Granada region. BBC2 goes off 4th Nov then all analogue goes beginning of December. So if you're headed into the region after that an analogue TV on its own will not work, I attended a presentation recently by "an expert" who said that if a TV hadn't got a SCART socket it couldn't be converted. Simply not true. Comet are selling a Ferguson Freeview box which will...
October 4th 09 07:40 PM
by hugh Go to last post
0 345
Signal Strength Meter by hugh
Has anyone found one of the above suitable for use with Status boosted aerials? I have just bought one from Maplins only to find it is not compatible with boosted aerials. Maplins product code A55JB -- hugh It may be more complicated but is it better?
October 2nd 09 11:24 PM
by hugh Go to last post
0 468
I could do with some advice please. by Peter Turtill
I have bought a 1997 2.4 VW Autohome. I have noticed it is totally underpowered but I am stuck with it now. I need to correspond here with somebody who knows these vehicles. I need to know if the radio runs off the leisure battery and what position the 3 way switch on the control panel should be in for various operations please. I also need to know if anyone has ever successfully had a towbar...
September 18th 09 04:16 PM
by Peter Turtill Go to last post
0 414
Generators by barno
Hi all, I have just bought a camper van and am after a bit of advice. I need a generator to provide power when I am not staying on a site with hook up. So do any of you use them? If so do you have any recommendations and what sort of size should I be looking at? I am only going to be using it for charging the batteries if needed, a laptop, TV and PS2. However it will be either the TV and the...
September 15th 09 02:46 AM
by Hilary[_4_] Go to last post
3 498
Self Converting Motorhomes by Barno[_2_]
Hi all, I am thinking of converting my transit into a motorhome myself. Has anybody done this themselves? If so have you got any does and donts that will help me. Also has anyone had any problems when insuring a self converted motorhome? I am just concerned that I will not get insurance for it after I have converted it. Thanks Neil
September 14th 09 03:47 PM
by Geoff Lane[_2_] Go to last post
3 533
How to repair motorhome aluminium skin by James Harris
Perhaps the first thing I shoud ask is how can I confirm the metal skin of my motorhome is really aluminium - or at least an aluminium alloy? Is any other type of metal used to clad motorhomes? Then, given that it is aluminium, how is it best to seal it? (It has a number of small holes in areas.) I have access to the inside of the skin so could put panels there at least in most places. Perhaps...
September 11th 09 11:35 PM
by Dougal Go to last post
3 687
Post New Thread