Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Motor Caravans Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Need info please for cc site by Dutchman
Longleat Caravan Club Site Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 7NL Any comments please, as it always seems to be empty compared to other nearby sites Thanks
September 4th 09 05:12 PM
by Dutchman Go to last post
0 349
Hymer swap. by Peter Turtill
I have just taken delivery of a 1992, 2.5 diesel, manual Hymer camp 52 but LHD and without power steering. I would like to swap it for another Hymer but with power steering and RHD with cash adjustment. pete
August 29th 09 05:06 AM
by Peter Turtill Go to last post
0 387
New to Hymers. by Peter Turtill
Hi Folks, this is my first time here. I have been running a VW T4 and lately a VW T5 both with Cannons Forge full width beds but lately I have needed a bit more room and I have bought this Hymer 2.5 Fiat LHD and with no power steering. It has done the Km equivalent of 62K miles. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2547/3852854647_f727e6e919_b.jpg What problems am I likely to face with it please? pete
August 26th 09 05:12 PM
by The wild eye Go to last post
2 552
Avtex tv power consuption on 12v !! by tick[_2_]
Avtex tv power consuption on 12v Looking for either a 10 inch or 15 inch tv for 12v use. Looking at the online Manuals neither show power consumption on 12v. I have been told by a Dealer he thinks the 10inch uses 15watt on 12v and the 15 inch uses 43watt. If this is correct my choice will be the 10inch. can anyone confirm this.
August 22nd 09 07:28 AM
by tick[_2_] Go to last post
0 447
Fiat lhd exhaust by hymer46
HI Problems again my 91 fiat hymer lhd which is the 46 model at just 15ft long.i need a new tail pipe for the exhaust.but so far failed to get one,cant get the tail pipe to exit other side of van,because step is in the way.ANY IDEAS would be most appreciated.Thanks hymer46
August 21st 09 11:49 AM
by hugh Go to last post
3 403
stolen bike in Calais by al
Hi all, to cut a long story short, I ended up in the quayside aire in Calais after arriving at calais too early for the return ferry crossing. during the night my bicycle was stolen off the back of the motorhome, which came as quite a surprise as i'd gone to bed late (3am) and awoken early and heard nothing untoward during the night. my guess is that the bike was stolen between 0300 and 0700...
August 21st 09 08:26 AM
by JTM Go to last post
2 733
Bois de Boulogne by Jim[_10_]
Could anyone give advice on the best/easist public transport to Paris centre from the Bois de Boulogne campsite (March 2009), please? -- Jim
August 16th 09 08:57 PM
by Martin Dixon Go to last post
7 573
Raddrizzature telai e cerchi by Ufficio
Guardate qui,qualcosa di interessante : www.delneromoto.com
August 11th 09 11:15 AM
by Rusty Go to last post
1 359
It's hot in France by JTM
Just had a few days with 4 grandkids in France. They slept in a tent next to the van. Two sites with similar stuff for them to pass the time: t/ tennis, pool, footy, tennis courts etc. The kids much preferred the older, wooded, less neat site with acorns dropping onto the van and tent. 10 euro, (50%) more per night seemed a lot for less modern facilities but the extra shade was probably worth...
August 7th 09 08:22 AM
by Andy R Go to last post
1 371
Autocruise Colt sale help please by Dudley Simons
Hi All My father in law recently died. He and his widow had an Iveco Ford Autocruise Colt (06) which they didn't get a lot of use out of due to his long term and ultimately terminal illness. she wants to sell this camper and would like to buy something smaller and more suited to her needs and that doesn't carry all the emotional baggage thats associated with this van.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 09 02:27 PM
by hugh Go to last post
11 1,251
which vehicle has................. by Dudley Simons
Hi all My mother in law is looking for a new or nearly new motorhome to replace one she is selling (see previous post) She needs... preferably a manual gear box handbrake and gear shift through dash board so its easy to get through
July 30th 09 04:25 PM
by Dudley Simons Go to last post
5 817
adult site by john scott
Does anyone have a suggestion for an Adult only (no kids) site in the west or east side of UK. Need a peaceful and relaxing break Thanks
July 27th 09 11:20 PM
by Hilary[_4_] Go to last post
1 425
Insurance for laid up van by Andrea & Peter Thomas
Hi, Does anyone know of an insurance policy for a laid up van, which will be locked in my garage for an extended period while we are in Australia. As there will be no "driving risk" I only need fire & theft insurance, but my insurer wants to continue charging me at full rate. Thanks
July 23rd 09 03:50 PM
by hugh Go to last post
4 551
Continental Transport for a static by Alfed E Neuman
Hi, Looking to move a static, 29ft x 10ft, from North Wales to private land near Coin, southern Spain. So far been let down twice after accepting quotes. Anybody know of a guy with a flatback or low loader who does such moves? Cheers, -- Bill F. Frost. T.D.
July 21st 09 04:48 PM
by Jimbo ... Go to last post
3 463
Does Tesco want our custom? by sue
I haven't posted for awhile but I am so cross about Tescos new height barrier policy that I want to pass the info on. Tescos are putting in height barriers at their stores and not providing access for motorhomes. I did park in the petrol station yesterday as did another motorhome but three vans drove out to go shopping elsewhere. I emailed head office and got a reply which they say is...
July 20th 09 10:57 PM
by Jimbo ... Go to last post
9 603
Views on Bongos by OG
Anyone got any views on Bongos as a viable Motorcaravan? I understand that they can be relatively expensive to run, but would be interested to know what people think of them in general. We've signed up with the bongofury site, but assume that they'll be generally 'pro' and may gloss over some of the negatives. And it's the negatives that you really need to know about before investing in...
July 19th 09 03:02 PM
by OG Go to last post
7 641
hi by uma
http://www.123 maza.com/philosophy
July 18th 09 05:15 PM
by hugh Go to last post
1 455
Isuzu Elf by WolfWilf
Seen these as Japanese imports. My experience of Isuzu motors is that they're tough as old boots and worth a long-term punt. But as motorhomes, are the interior dimensions Japanese-sized? Has anyone any experience of them? Any advice or amusing comments appreciated -- WolfWilf Cardiff, UK
July 12th 09 08:53 PM
by Dave[_14_] Go to last post
1 497
lcd tv in van by dunky
hi ,, just picked up an lvd tv and was hoping to fit in the van, thing is it only has a 240v mains cable so is there any way to wire it up to 12v without using an inverter been using a roadstar tv which runs on 12v as well as mains so obviously a tv does nt need 240v to run so i guess there is some kind of transformer inside ?? if so can it be bypassed to use 12v or is an inverter...
July 8th 09 09:22 PM
by hugh Go to last post
1 385
Tires by Dutchman[_2_]
My motorhome tires need changing, not thru use, but to pass the MOT. Side walls are slightly crazed. The point is do I spend a lot buying Motorhome tires or go for the normal van type. Thanks D......
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 6th 09 10:21 AM
by JTM Go to last post
11 1,055