Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Motor Caravans Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
AS Symbol Condensation & Eberspacher Heating by machra
AS Symbol 55 reg with the new Thinsulate insulation. Has anyone had a problem with condensation on this vehicle. About 3 days into our week away (middle of Nov and very very cold) I noticed a few stains on the roof lining in the front top cupboard. The staining gradually got worse and on checking I found that the lining was wet, staining was water. My first thought was that the Heki was...
December 27th 05 11:56 AM
by Woody[_2_] Go to last post
8 465
Small electric heaters on hook up by Zinc Potterman
Has anyone used a small fan heater on hook up or does it trip the electrics off. I'm not sure what sort of wattage you can draw. Zinc -- zincnews123 at tiscali.c123o.u123k To reply to address don't click. Cut and paste, change at to symbol then delete
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 26th 05 05:43 PM
by oorak Go to last post
32 2,281
Generators by alan dav
Hi all, I have just bought an older CF Bedford 5 berth motorhome and wondered what size of a generator I would need to have mains voltage electrics, when a hook up is not availble. The heater is gas, cooker is gas, shower I dont know...... as I have not collected it yet. Regards Alan.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 24th 05 07:56 PM
by johnh Go to last post
10 732
Generators by alan dav
Hi all, I have just bought an older CF Bedford 5 berth motorhome and wondered what size of a generator I would need to have mains voltage electrics, when a hook up is not availble. The heater is gas, cooker is gas, shower I dont know...... as I have not collected it yet. Regards Alan.
December 23rd 05 11:12 PM
by alan dav Go to last post
0 253
Dehumidifers ... any use over winter storage? by GarryG[_3_]
My Autotrail coach built, sits on the drive with ready access to power and human intervention if needed. It obviously gets cold but I have a concern that it may be getting damp? What's the best storage set up? Slight ventilation or dehumidify and seal it? Anybody use a dehumidifier? Any "recommendations" from experience gurus?
December 22nd 05 11:54 AM
by CampinGazz Go to last post
8 525
mains heaters? by Steve W
What is an economical, quiet, mains electric heater for night use in a small Bedford Bambi, any reccomendations?
December 22nd 05 08:57 AM
by oorak Go to last post
6 2,168
Static Caravan Swap Great site by Mark
Just found a great looking site for Static Caravan Swaps, covers england basically list your caravan and other users to the site ask if they can swap for a week with theres. looks a pretty good idea, anyone seen anything like this before ? www.staticholidayswaps.co.uk
December 21st 05 10:41 AM
by Mark Go to last post
0 861
Static Caravan Swap Great site by Mark
Just found a great looking site for Static Caravan Swaps, covers england basically list your caravan and other users to the site ask if they can swap for a week with theres. looks a pretty good idea, anyone seen anything like this before ? www.staticholidayswaps.co.uk
December 21st 05 10:41 AM
by Mark Go to last post
0 301
Reverse camera for motorhome by [email protected]
Does anyone have advice on the price vs. performance of reverse cameras from Astral Electronics? http://www.astralelectronics.com.au
December 21st 05 12:04 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 298
how do I keep 12V circuits powered when ignition is on? by RB News
On our old Herald, the 12V systems could be left switched on whilst the engine was running; however on our recently acquired Autosleeper Pollensa the 12V automatically cuts off when you turn on the ignition. I understand it's possible to modify this set-up to maintain the 12V whilst on the move - anyone got the details of how to achieve this? cheers Roger
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 05 08:25 PM
by Richard Brookman Go to last post
12 762
mains heaters? by Steve W
What is an economical, quiet, mains electric heater for night use in a small Bedford Bambi, any reccomendations?
December 19th 05 03:00 PM
by Steve W Go to last post
0 389
Any known faults on 1999 2.5 TD Ducato? by Steptoe
On numerous occasions I've sworn that I never buy another Fiat (presently run Talbot Highwayman) however the van I now desire (Bessecarr 625) appears to be only available on this base. Now I am comfortable around cars and have no problems diagnosing & fixing faults ( I have through neccessity become something of an expert on the Talbot) but have never owned a diesel vehicle at all so am worried...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 17th 05 07:48 PM
by themechanic Go to last post
26 4,356
Dehumidifers ... any use over winter storage? by GarryG[_3_]
My Autotrail coach built, sits on the drive with ready access to power and human intervention if needed. It obviously gets cold but I have a concern that it may be getting damp? What's the best storage set up? Slight ventilation or dehumidify and seal it? Anybody use a dehumidifier? Any "recommendations" from experience gurus?
December 11th 05 02:46 PM
by GarryG[_3_] Go to last post
0 328
AS Symbol Condensation & Eberspacher Heating by machra
AS Symbol 55 reg with the new Thinsulate insulation. Has anyone had a problem with condensation on this vehicle. About 3 days into our week away (middle of Nov and very very cold) I noticed a few stains on the roof lining in the front top cupboard. The staining gradually got worse and on checking I found that the lining was wet, staining was water. My first thought was that the Heki was...
December 10th 05 08:11 PM
by machra Go to last post
0 308
Caravan club versus Camping and Caravanning Club by Zinc Potterman
We were advised to join The Caravan Club by experienced autohome owners. They gave us some magazines from The Camping and Caravanning Club. I assumed they were one and the same organisation and I just made a right burk of myself by phoning the latter and asking for some missing items from my joining pack. Which do people prefer? Pros and cons Discuss Zinc
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 9th 05 04:09 PM
by alloyrims Go to last post
20 1,335
EBERSPACHER or WEBASTO 12 VOLT DIESEL AIR HEATER Info or review please please :-) by Muffin McMuff from Mullaghduff
Hi Please could anyone could help us. We have bought a van and want to put in a heater of the above type (fumes go out through the exhaust) so that we can stay in it overnight on long journeys. We saw this type of heater and thought it would be ideal Please could anyone with one, give us any recommendations or criticisim. I look forward to any ifo you can give!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 05 09:33 PM
by HH Go to last post
30 3,955
Solar Power Charging via Cigaretter lighter socket by Droog Genzel
Further to the recent posts regarding the small solar panels that can plug into the cigarette lighter socket or the auxilliary power socket - I am wondering how it would be best to use these. I have checked both sockets on my Ducato motorhome and both are not live inless the ignition is on. This being the case & probably the case for a lot of cars/vans - how would the battery be charged without...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 05 01:44 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
12 1,015
solar panels by [email protected]
Further to my earlier information I found this . http://www.sunshinesolar.co.uk/item--SolarMAX-Solar-Battery-Saver-Maintainer-HEAVY-Duty!-15-Watt--saver15 Same as mine . Maplin do a 7 amp charge controller for 15 John
December 4th 05 11:57 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 343
solar panels by [email protected]
Further to my earlier information I found this . http://www.sunshinesolar.co.uk/item--SolarMAX-Solar-Battery-Saver-Maintainer-HEAVY-Duty!-15-Watt--saver15 Same as mine . Maplin do a 7 amp charge controller for 15 John
December 4th 05 11:57 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 330
rear light condensation by Ken
Hi, One side of my motorhome rear light cluster suffers from condensation in the reversing light and the stop light. Any tips on how to solve this please? ken
December 3rd 05 07:10 PM
by johnh Go to last post
6 619
Post New Thread