Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Motor Caravans Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Current Leak by J.G.
Hi. Can anyone help us with a problem with our Fiat Ducato based motor caravan? After repeated unexplained flat batteries, I used an ampmeter which showed that the current leak was caused by the horn and the clock. While the van is stationary on my drive I have removed the appropriate fuse,but I have no idea what to do next to remedy the situation. Any help would be much appreciated. Les &...
September 24th 08 08:56 AM
by Andy R Go to last post
3 491
Scam!!! 1991 SWIFT KONTIKI VOGUE 640/6 6 BIRTH MOTORHOME by Dribbler[_2_]
A scam has emerged on this wonderfully warm and sunny Friday. The advert is as follows; 1991 SWIFT KONTIKI VOGUE 640/6 6 BIRTH MOTORHOMEMILEAGE 58600 ITS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION FOR THE YEAR WITH NO RUST, THIS ONE HAS THE LATER TYPE FRONT WITH THE COACHBUILT PART BEING THE MODERN TYPE WHICH DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A CARAVAN....etc. Copied and pasted so sorry about their capitals, there are about...
September 20th 08 09:12 AM
by Cerumen Go to last post
3 1,373
SeaFrance Code by RustY
Just had an email from seafrance offering the promotion code POLSEP Don't forget - friend - as this also reduces some fares.
September 11th 08 08:57 PM
by RustY Go to last post
0 372
Cabin v Habitation Air Con by hugh
It seems dealers are now pushing 12v/240V roof mounted air con units rather than cab air con. The argument is that these units will cool the whole vehicle even when on the move. I wonder if anyone has any experience of them and how effective they are when travelling. -- hugh Reply to address is valid at the time of posting
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 10th 08 08:12 AM
by Occam Go to last post
27 1,340
Enjoy seeing by [email protected]
Enjoy seeing with new video pictures //http.nagaaraja.blogspots.com\
September 5th 08 01:37 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 421
Channel Ferry/ Tunnel booking query - First time with Mazda Bongocampervan by robthill
We are planning to take a Mazda Bongo (height 2.09m) on the Dover / Calais route leaving 29th September coming back round about 20th October. As we will be coming down from Scotland and being not certain how long it will take, is it OK not to book a crossing but wait till we get to Dover? In connection with a wait at Dover, can anyone please recommend a campsite not too far from the...
August 31st 08 12:20 PM
by robthill Go to last post
7 909
1995 Eldis by [email protected]
I am thinking of buying a 1995 Eldis motorcaravan. It has done 56,000, looks in nice condition and the asking price is just under 2k. Does anyone have any views on an Eldis of this age and mileage? Many thanks in advance for any help.
August 28th 08 09:30 AM
by Occam Go to last post
1 415
bath when touring Europe? by David Smith
We have just enjoyed 3 weeks touring Germany and France. I am trying to encourage her to go for longer but it would help if she could take a bath every so often rather than a shower. We predominantly stay on Stellplatz, Aires or wild camp but will visit campsites as and when required. Has anybody any suggestions if any places are likely to have baths whilst touring Europe (Spain, France,...
August 27th 08 03:02 AM
by Hilary[_4_] Go to last post
4 579
Good place in the UK to get parts or get work done on an oldmotorhome by James Harris
Can anyone recommend a good company that will carry out work on a motorhome? I am thinking of things like getting a bike rack fitted, getting a cracked shower tray replaced etc. Or is it better to do those things at home? If so is there a good source of parts - like bike racks and shower trays and other things? By the way I am looking at an old motorhome - circa 15 to 20 years old, not a new...
August 23rd 08 01:06 AM
by Hilary[_4_] Go to last post
6 466
Opinions on Citroen C25 as motorhome base by James Harris
I've seen many comments - positive ones - on the Fiat Ducato as a base for a motorhome but none about the Citroen C25. If anyone knows .... Are they as good as Fiat Ducato-based? What are their turbo diesel engines like - especially the 2500? Noisy? Temperamental? I'm thinking of models between roughly 1990 and 1995.
August 21st 08 02:05 PM
by James Harris Go to last post
2 375
Freesat Receiver by Dystopia[_2_]
I purchased a Goodmans GFSAT200H Freesat top box to use in my campervan. I chose this particular receiver because it operates off 12v but it was faulty and I returned it to Curry's from whom I had purchased it. I wanted a replacement but they did not have one and none of their other models would work off 12 v. Has anyone got a Freesat receiver that operates on 12v or seen one. If so will you...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 19th 08 11:54 PM
by tick Go to last post
11 1,326
Floor Space for Large Dog by Tim and Rachel Pennick
Hi All, I'm a new arrival on the shores of this newsgroup, and I'd be grateful for some advice. My wife and I bought a 1989 "Landsleeper" Motorhome last year. We very much like the design of the layout of the interior as we have a large German Shepherd dog, and the van has a wide area of floor space behind the dining area where the dog can lie without us having to step over...
August 5th 08 06:57 PM
by Hilary[_4_] Go to last post
2 840
that t9 gearbox for the starcraft... by Jules
got it back today, i took it to a place in sheffield, who do ginetta kit cars...cos a scrap yard i went to said they send them the gearboxes.. anway had syncros changed, rebuilt and all sorted, cost me 150 squids..said its like new now and should have ATF fluid now...the new clutch kit is 130 quid, but they can get a refurbed for 56, and as im totally skint now, whats the main diff? are...
August 1st 08 04:53 PM
by Stan[_2_] Go to last post
3 453
Re low emisions zone. by Chap.
Re the emission zone. A friend of mine converts small vans in to campers, mainly used vans with new conversions and he has seen a big rise in people bringing petrol vans rather than diesel vans for conversions. He also said that the price of older coachbuilts are starting to rise and nom compliant diesels drop. Does this mean that there are going to be lots of cheap bargain diesel campers...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 08 04:29 PM
by Geoff Lane[_2_] Go to last post
10 720
Additional fuel tank by Eric[_5_]
VW LT35 I wish to add a small fuel tank to this madel (deisel). The existing tank has a flow and return line, so that excess pumped fuel is returned to the tank. Can someone advise what proportion of pumped fuel is returned? I wish to add a 7 litre tank - but for simplicity to connect only a flow pipe - excedss fuel being returned to the existing tank.
July 25th 08 04:28 PM
by Homer Go to last post
7 830
Tardis on the wheels/ by divoch
Are there any new or older campervans that are a] less than 5m long and b] less than 2m high (when roof down) c] have a proper cassette toilet Thanks divoch
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 22nd 08 03:40 PM
by divoch Go to last post
10 1,198
help with - travel to south of france in our motorhome by [email protected]
Hi we are looking to travel to south of france (me, him and 2 kids) in our motorhome, will be going from dover to calais then onto south france with a few overnight stops. anyone know of any good cheapish sites (with pool) in south of france and along the way. all the ones ive looked up on net are quoting near 800 a week. we have never been to france b4. Would you recomend booking or just get...
July 22nd 08 08:17 AM
by woming Go to last post
3 644
Freesat tuner by Dystopia[_2_]
Anyone know of a Freesat tuner that will operate on 12V -- Dystopia
July 21st 08 04:57 PM
by Roy[_3_] Go to last post
3 490
France passion 2008 by Andy R
I've just returned from a trip trying to use some of the sites in the France Passion guide 2008 with a complete lack of success. None of the sites we tried had the logo visible and when we did find the owners to say they were unhelpful would be an understatement. I had wondered why a farmer would want motorhomes on his land for no definate reward and I think my experience confirms my...
July 21st 08 02:13 PM
by Occam Go to last post
1 427
Tour Europe in Motorcaravan by Dennis[_2_]
I live in the US (Mobile, AL) and have been trying to get to Europe for years and I think it may happen next year. I just turned 65 and will most likely be traveling alone. I've never been out of the US or Canada and as you can imagine I have some questions and concerns. Is there a site that helps people like myself tour Europe in a motorcaravan on a limited budget? I'll need help buying a used...
July 20th 08 04:42 PM
by Cerumen Go to last post
8 618
Post New Thread