Suoerchips

Old July 4th 06, 06:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T.R.

Default Suoerchips

Hello,Have you had your diesel Superchipped if so was it worth it,I beleive
its about 500 saves on fuel more bhp etc.Thx T.R.

Old July 4th 06, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel

Default Superchips

"T.R." wrote in message
Hello,Have you had your diesel Superchipped if so was it worth it,I

beleive
its about 500 saves on fuel more bhp etc.Thx T.R.

We had our Fiat Ducato 2.8iJTD based motorhome chipped by van Aaken last
year.

No great difference in fuel economy (wasn't expecting much), but much better
torque and oomph! Particularly noticeable when pulling away at lights or
when trying to get up to speed at a motorway slip road.

Also when cruising the engine seems to run at lower revs and is consequently
noticeably quieter.

If you are a member of the Caravan Club you get a 10% discount from van
Aaken.

http://www.vanaaken.com/europe/index.asp

Hope that this helps.

Nigel.

Old July 4th 06, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 09:23:41 +0100, "Nigel"
wrote:

Also when cruising the engine seems to run at lower revs and is consequently
noticeably quieter.

That would seem to be a puzzle, I would have expected the revs for a
particular speed to be identical whether the chip had been upgraded or
not. The only way that I can see for the revs to alter would be for
some change to be made to the final drive ratio or for a gear ratio in
the gear box to be altered.

Bill Lord

Old July 4th 06, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel

wrote:

Also when cruising the engine seems to run at lower revs and is

consequently
noticeably quieter.

That would seem to be a puzzle, I would have expected the revs for a
particular speed to be identical whether the chip had been upgraded or
not. The only way that I can see for the revs to alter would be for
some change to be made to the final drive ratio or for a gear ratio in
the gear box to be altered.

Bill Lord

Bill:

Indeed - we can't work it out either, but the cab definitely seems quieter
(or we *think* it seems quieter!).

Nigel.