storm damage

Old July 4th 06, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Troglett

Default storm damage

Hi all..

My van has been damaged by the stones on my flat roofed garage bouncing off
the roof ( due to very heavy hail and rain) and into the side of said van
causing it to look very much like a teabag, ie - perforated (NOT actually
punctured).

This affects all of the door side including the door.

My question is simple....do you think there might be a problem with an
insurance claim with regards to it being an 'act of god'

ta muchly

Old July 5th 06, 12:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Just tell the insurance company that it was an act of nature not God and to
pay up like they do in the States after Hurricanes, Tornados etc..

All the best, Peter.

Old July 5th 06, 06:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lunar475

My 'van sufferd such damage in a tremendous hailstorm - Insurers paid
up without a problem.
The car was "beyond economic repair", needing a new roof, bonnet,
bootlid etc, and a total respray! I don't EVER want to see weather like
that again!

Old July 5th 06, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

"Lunar475" wrote in message
oups.com...

My 'van sufferd such damage in a tremendous hailstorm - Insurers paid
up without a problem.
The car was "beyond economic repair", needing a new roof, bonnet,
bootlid etc, and a total respray! I don't EVER want to see weather like
that again!

If the weather forecast is right, we may see weather like that today

:-(

Pete