Opinion on a price for an adria optima van

Old July 6th 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
claire.owen

Default Opinion on a price for an adria optima van

I have been looking for a van and have found a 4 berth adria Optima the
year is a bit unclear as the date of purchase is smudged it could be 89
or 99 . I know there's a great difference but the van is in stunning
condition. The vendor is asking about £1500 is this a good price in your
opinion It's in France where I am based.
--
Claire in Montréal France.

Old July 6th 06, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy Vines

"claire.owen" ""claire.owen\"@don't bother it's invalid.fr" wrote in
message ...
I have been looking for a van and have found a 4 berth adria Optima the
year is a bit unclear as the date of purchase is smudged it could be 89 or
99 . I know there's a great difference but the van is in stunning
condition. The vendor is asking about £1500 is this a good price in your
opinion It's in France where I am based.
--
Claire in Montréal France.

So 17 or 7 years old.

If its in good condition and doesn't leak, its down to what you want to pay
for it???

Old July 6th 06, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
claire.owen

Andy Vines wrote:
"claire.owen" ""claire.owen\"@don't bother it's invalid.fr" wrote in
message ...
I have been looking for a van and have found a 4 berth adria Optima the
year is a bit unclear as the date of purchase is smudged it could be 89 or
99 . I know there's a great difference but the van is in stunning
condition. The vendor is asking about £1500 is this a good price in your
opinion It's in France where I am based.
--
Claire in Montréal France.

So 17 or 7 years old.

If its in good condition and doesn't leak, its down to what you want to pay
for it???

It's in very, very clean condition. I just want to confirm that it is
the potential bargain we think it is. The French have a bad habit of
valuing things at the price they think they should be rather than a
comparison with other things of a like age and value. This van is fitted
in a way that makes me think it's more 99 than 89.

Oddly this is a van that is stored on our land/camping site so we are in
quite a good position to have given it a thorough checking over. It's
only been here about a month and a half but the present owner is
frustrated at not being able to rent it out and has decided to sell. She
said it was 96 when she came but having given the storage papers a
surreptitious( hope thats how you spell that) look it seems that it's
something9 not 6. Obviously I will ask the owner when she calls by again
after next weekend but she's hard to track down.

Googling for this van has come up with some prices higher than the one
she is asking. However the asking price and the selling price are always
two different animals.
Thank You for your help

Claire in Montréal France.

Old July 6th 06, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

It is dear however it may be worth it. I have just purchased a 1994 Adria
optima 435b for £1500 with no hot water ( I have fitted that myself so you
can add on £300 or about £700 if its fitted by a dealer) however it was
worth about £2000 as it was immaculate and had a full service history and
damp report. It took me 6 months to find one however I was looking for a
specific van. Adria caravans have a superb reputation for build quality. I
have a couple of pals who also have one. And the repair guy I use speaks
very highly of them.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD