Caravan drawer unit

Old July 6th 06, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DJBut

Default Caravan drawer unit

The double drawer unit at the front of my Abbey GTS Vogue 212 needs
attention as one of the wooden sliders on the side-wall has come loose,
making a drawer drop slightly. Try as I may I have not yet found a way
of releasing the drawer to let me get at the slider. It would be simple
to fix the fault if only I could get the drawer out!

Does anyone know how the drawer can be released, perferably without
dismantling the whole framework?

If Abbey (or its component maker) had done the job properly in the
first place this request would not be necessary. An enquiry to Abbey
has fallen on deaf ears.

Old July 6th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BILL

"DJBut" wrote in message
oups.com...
The double drawer unit at the front of my Abbey GTS Vogue 212 needs
attention as one of the wooden sliders on the side-wall has come loose,
making a drawer drop slightly. Try as I may I have not yet found a way
of releasing the drawer to let me get at the slider. It would be simple
to fix the fault if only I could get the drawer out!

Does anyone know how the drawer can be released, perferably without
dismantling the whole framework?

If Abbey (or its component maker) had done the job properly in the
first place this request would not be necessary. An enquiry to Abbey
has fallen on deaf ears.

I maybe stating the obvious but have you tride pulling the whole unit out,
mine is only held in with table fixing.

Bill

Old July 6th 06, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

DJBut wrote:

|| The double drawer unit at the front of my Abbey GTS Vogue 212 needs
|| attention as one of the wooden sliders on the side-wall has come
|| loose, making a drawer drop slightly. Try as I may I have not yet
|| found a way of releasing the drawer to let me get at the slider. It
|| would be simple to fix the fault if only I could get the drawer out!
|| Does anyone know how the drawer can be released, perferably without
|| dismantling the whole framework?
|| If Abbey (or its component maker) had done the job properly in the
|| first place this request would not be necessary. An enquiry to Abbey
|| has fallen on deaf ears.

I can't remember why I needed to, but I tried to remove the same drawer in
our Swift. I concluded that the only way would have been to dismantle the
entire carcass. Most drawer sliders have little spring pegs you can press
in to release the sliders, but not on a Swift! I reckon is a make-work
device to make sure you revisit the (Swift-approved) repair shop more often.

--
Rich

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old July 6th 06, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old July 6th 06, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman