Awning Screw Pegs

Old July 6th 06, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Default Awning Screw Pegs

Hello all,

I saw an advert for these Screw Pegs and it got me thinking, how these might
perfom when faced with hard rocky ground, which we faced recently when
caravanning in Derbyshire.

These are selling for 39.95 for 35 pegs, inc the drill adapter.

Take a look at the web site of the supplier for more details
http://www.screwpegs.com

http://www.gmails.co.uk/forums/showt...?p=542#post542

--
John
GMails - The Caravan & Camping bit of the web

Old July 6th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

John & Lisa said the following on 06/07/2006 18:03:
Hello all,

I saw an advert for these Screw Pegs and it got me thinking, how these might
perfom when faced with hard rocky ground, which we faced recently when
caravanning in Derbyshire.

These are selling for 39.95 for 35 pegs, inc the drill adapter.

Take a look at the web site of the supplier for more details
http://www.screwpegs.com

As it says 'ScrewPegs are fantastic on grass and superb on hardstandings'

but you may also need a cold chisel or masonry drill on rock -
advantages for 'normal' ground:- no need for a hammer and easier to
remove - assuming you have an drill.

Roy

Old July 6th 06, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Roy wrote:

|| John & Lisa said the following on 06/07/2006 18:03:
||| Hello all,
||| I saw an advert for these Screw Pegs and it got me thinking, how
||| these might perfom when faced with hard rocky ground, which we
||| faced recently when caravanning in Derbyshire.
||| These are selling for 39.95 for 35 pegs, inc the drill adapter.
||| Take a look at the web site of the supplier for more details
||| http://www.screwpegs.com
|| As it says 'ScrewPegs are fantastic on grass and superb on
|| hardstandings'
|| but you may also need a cold chisel or masonry drill on rock -
|| advantages for 'normal' ground:- no need for a hammer and easier to
|| remove - assuming you have an drill.
|| Roy

Could have done with some of those in Tuscany - bent every peg I had, even
the HD v-section steel ones. We were pitched on what seemed solid rock. It
wasn't, but with the kit we had it might as well have been. We ended up
using the soil under the pitch hedge for one side, and stones and buckets of
water to hold down the other side, with an awning tie-down for good measure.
Worked fine, but the weather was kind. I was considering these pegs - is
that a personal recommendation, Roy?

--
Rich
==============================

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old July 6th 06, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old July 6th 06, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old July 6th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Richard Brookman said the following on 06/07/2006 20:03:

|| As it says 'ScrewPegs are fantastic on grass and superb on
|| hardstandings'
|| but you may also need a cold chisel or masonry drill on rock -
|| advantages for 'normal' ground:- no need for a hammer and easier to
|| remove - assuming you have an drill.
|| Roy

Could have done with some of those in Tuscany - bent every peg I had, even
the HD v-section steel ones. We were pitched on what seemed solid rock. It
wasn't, but with the kit we had it might as well have been. We ended up
using the soil under the pitch hedge for one side, and stones and buckets of
water to hold down the other side, with an awning tie-down for good measure.
Worked fine, but the weather was kind. I was considering these pegs - is
that a personal recommendation, Roy?

Unfortunately no, I've looked at them (or some very similar) methinks in
v.hard ground a hammer would have to be used to start them off and
possibly damaging them.

Roy
Old July 6th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Old July 6th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy