More about stolen caravans...

Old July 7th 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

Default More about stolen caravans...

Caravan owners are being warned to be on their guard by police after a spate
of mobile home thefts across the area.

Police have told residents to be on the lookout as professional criminals
are known to be targeting caravans left outside homes in villages across
North Somerset.

Winscombe and Sandford beat officer PC Steve Church is urging caravan owners
to upgrade security on their vehicles to foil the thieves.

Owners are being advised to invest in a high quality chain and padlock and
fix their vehicles to a secure anchor point. Alarms and tracker devices are
also a good idea, say the police.

Residents should also remove valuable possessions from caravans after a
number of break-ins to mobile homes.

PC Church said: "Many security products on the market are only of cosmetic
use and do not stop the type of professional thieves currently making a good
living stealing caravans. In most cases, they remove locks using heavy duty
bolt cutters.

"We recommend a high tensile chain, costing about 100, which can only be
cut by a angle grinder.

http://www.gmails.co.uk/forums/showt...?p=543#post543

--
John
GMails - The Caravan & Camping bit of the web

Old July 7th 06, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geo

John & Lisa wrote:
[...]

Is this your own article, or have you stolen it. Don't you think it
would be polite to quote the original source !!!

Old July 7th 06, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

"Geo" wrote in message

"Is this your own article, or have you stolen it. Don't you think it
would be polite to quote the original source !!!"
------------------

If it bothers you what I write, than please don't read my posts.
The links are there for you to investigate the facts.

Old July 7th 06, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geo

John & Lisa wrote:
"Geo" wrote in message

"Is this your own article, or have you stolen it. Don't you think it
would be polite to quote the original source !!!"

If it bothers you what I write, than please don't read my posts.
The links are there for you to investigate the facts.
--
John
GMails - The Caravan & Camping bit of the web
www.gmails.co.uk/forums

No it 'bothers' me that you post articles that are obviously not your
own, but don't mention the source. If you supplied a link to the
ORIGINAL article, then that would be fair enough.