John & Lisa debate...

Old July 7th 06, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Default John & Lisa debate...

This NG seems to be getting frequent posts from a duo called John & Lisa who
seem to be plugging their own forum. Although I'm still a rookie myself, I
recall seeing a post of theirs only a few months ago suggesting they had
just bought their first van.Maybe they are enjoying the novelty factor at
the moment and eat/drink/breathe caravans...which is fair enough..

From my perspective , I don't mind the odd post referencing useful things
like pegs for hardstanding ( yep...I struggled at Lickpenny Farm near
Matlock myself ) , but these posts which are copies of news articles and
solely intended IMO to draw people in to subscribing to their gmails forum.
These I feel are a bit of a nonsense and not what this NG should be used
for.

I don't want this post to be used as as character assasination on 'John &
Lisa', I'm sure they are a lovely couple
......but maybe this could be created into a thread where the frequent users
could express a POLITE opinion on whether 'John & Lisa' should continue ,
limit or completely refrain from posting.

...and before anyone says the word killfile....I have no idea what they are
and how to set one up. I just have half a dozen NGs listed in my outlook
express and refresh them periodically.

So.my opinion is they should LIMIT their posts and not include news
articles.

next person please.....

Old July 7th 06, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John & Lisa

"ToxOgrady" wrote in message

I recall seeing a post of theirs only a few months ago suggesting they had
just bought their first van.

We have owned 3 caravans since about 2001 ish.
We currently own two twin axle caravans (one UK and one German), one of
which we had owned since 2002.

From my perspective , I don't mind the odd post referencing useful things
like pegs for hardstanding ( yep...I struggled at Lickpenny Farm near
Matlock myself )

Same place we had difficulty with pegs, as touched on in the post.

(posts) solely intended IMO to draw people in to subscribing to their

gmails forum.

There is NO need to subscribe in order to read ANY post on Gmails.
--
John
GMails - The Caravan & Camping bit of the web

Old July 7th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Vince

"ToxOgrady" wrote in message
This NG seems to be getting frequent posts from a duo called John & Lisa
who seem to be plugging their own forum. Although I'm still a rookie
myself, I recall seeing a post of theirs only a few months ago suggesting
they had just bought their first van.Maybe they are enjoying the novelty
factor at the moment and eat/drink/breathe caravans...which is fair
enough..

From my perspective , I don't mind the odd post referencing useful things
[...]

Have to agree, they have posted 3 times today already

Vince

Old July 7th 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Shaun Robertson

John & Lisa wrote
"ToxOgrady" wrote
(posts) solely intended IMO to draw people in to subscribing to their

gmails forum.

There is NO need to subscribe in order to read ANY post on Gmails.

I don't WANT to read bloody Gmails, I want to read uk.rec.caravanning
which appears to be currently bombarded with posts from a certain
individual incessantly plugging their own web forums, no doubt in an
attempt to increase traffic which would generate advertising revenue. It
does get rather annoying John, and I haven't checked, but I wouldn't be
surprised if it contravened the charter for this group too. Why not, as
others have suggested, simply put the URL of your forums in your sig,
nobody would object to that if you stop the spamming.

Cheers
Shaun

--
Shaun Robertson