Citroen auto gearboxes

Old July 8th 06, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JRS

Default Citroen auto gearboxes

have a 2.0 HDI auto xsara estate. towed my van with the manual version fine
but before I stick a towbar on the auto does anyone have any experience of
these boxes and towing? If they are crap will use the wife's mondeo

Thanks

Jon

Old July 9th 06, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The Doctor's Apprentice

Can't speak for the Citroen, but My Mercedes 2 litre petrol automatic tows
great.
I'd never go back to a manual. Worth checking with your dealer as to whether
you need an additional oil cooler as some auto boxes do need this for
towing.