which polish to use ?

Old July 9th 06, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capt T

Default which polish to use ?

Hi

Just spent three hours wasing and polishing the van ( yearly ritual) and
found that turtle wax was fine for the aluminium painted sides but dreadful
for the fibreglass front and back. Its a Bailey ranger 450) It seems to
leave smears in the gelcoat although all the residue is polished off. Silly
question I suppose but should I be using something special instead of turtle
wax ? Tried auto glmn but not much better.

Andy

Old July 9th 06, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Capt T" wrote in message
Hi

Just spent three hours wasing and polishing the van ( yearly ritual) and
found that turtle wax was fine for the aluminium painted sides but
dreadful
for the fibreglass front and back. Its a Bailey ranger 450) It seems to
leave smears in the gelcoat although all the residue is polished off.
Silly
question I suppose but should I be using something special instead of
turtle
wax ? Tried auto glmn but not much better.

Polishing a caravan?

Have you any other hobbies?

:-)

Mary

Old July 9th 06, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lex M

"Capt T" wrote in
:

Hi

Just spent three hours wasing and polishing the van ( yearly ritual) and
found that turtle wax was fine for the aluminium painted sides but
dreadful for the fibreglass front and back. Its a Bailey ranger 450) It
seems to leave smears in the gelcoat although all the residue is
polished off. Silly question I suppose but should I be using something
special instead of turtle wax ? Tried auto glmn but not much better.

Andy

I use Seapower Cleaner & Wax: http://www.seapower.nl/

Or ask a water sports shop (marina): fibreglass yachts.

--
Regards, Lex
http://biod.net

Old July 9th 06, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Lex M" Just spent three hours wasing and polishing the van ( yearly
ritual) and
found that turtle wax was fine for the aluminium painted sides but
dreadful for the fibreglass front and back. Its a Bailey ranger 450) It
seems to leave smears in the gelcoat although all the residue is
polished off. Silly question I suppose but should I be using something
special instead of turtle wax ? Tried auto glmn but not much better.

Andy

I use Seapower Cleaner & Wax: http://www.seapower.nl/

Or ask a water sports shop (marina): fibreglass yachts.

--
Regards, Lex
http://biod.net
http://www.caravanhandboek.nl
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Hi Lex

You have quite a bit of fibreglass to polish!! We stayed at a site at
Rambouillet, to the west of Paris and I saw my first Biod caravan and had a
chat to the owner who was Dutch of course. We have a joke in England about
buses always turning up in twos and would you believe the following evening
a second Biod arrived! I think the second one was a newer model.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk