static caravan decision

Old July 9th 06, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Guest

Default static caravan decision

I am near to purchasing a caravan, would like a static but am unsure about many things, one of my main concerns are purchasing from a site and only been able to sell back to the site for a knock down price and having to sell the caravan at ten years old, i am wanting to spend somewhere around 15000 to 20000 for a good one and think this is unfair as i cannot afford to renew every ten years.

Dave

Old July 10th 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The Simpsons

wrote in message
I am near to purchasing a caravan, would like a static but am unsure about
many things, one of my main concerns are purchasing from a site and only
been able to sell back to the site for a knock down price and having to
sell the caravan at ten years old, i am wanting to spend somewhere around
15000 to 20000 for a good one and think this is unfair as i cannot afford
to renew every ten years.

Dave

Why not buy a good sized touring caravan but put it on a seasonal pitch.
Most sites that do seasonal pitches will store the caravan out of season,
this would be a good comprimise as I gather you would rather not tow.

Fred

Old July 10th 06, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Frosty

The Simpsons wrote:
wrote in message
I am near to purchasing a caravan, would like a static but am unsure
about many things, one of my main concerns are purchasing from a
site and only been able to sell back to the site for a knock down
price and having to sell the caravan at ten years old, i am wanting
to spend somewhere around 15000 to 20000 for a good one and think
this is unfair as i cannot afford to renew every ten years.

Dave

Why not buy a good sized touring caravan but put it on a seasonal
pitch. Most sites that do seasonal pitches will store the caravan out
of season, this would be a good comprimise as I gather you would
rather not tow.

Or even investigate chalets or lodges whichever you like to call them. We
bought a brick and timber chalet for 7000 four years ago and it goes up in
value every year (now valued at 21,000) as opposed to a static van which
plummets! also we got a 45 year lease, not ten. Some chalets on site are 99
year and the original ones are 999! As its mostly brick built it don't rock
in the wind either. L.O.L.

Our site owners are now pushing their own statics ruthlessly though, and a
few years back even closed the tourer & camping field and now its full of,
guess what, statics! Much better business for them, when they got you by the
short & curlies after ten years!

With a tourer as well we got the best of both worlds. Good luck.
--
Best Regards,
Bill Frost.

OUTGOING MAIL CHECKED BY Grisoft AVG Free.
PLEASE NOTE! For Blueyonder mail ONLY replies must have the word "avo"
anywhere in the subject line to avoid automated spam trap.

Old July 14th 06, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Richards

Dave,

Have you checked that the static has to be sold after ten years, as most
sites now don't stipulate this. For example Haven sites will sub let you
caravan un to six years old and you can keep it on site as long as you like,
providing you pay your rent. The first caravan I bought from Haven (Bourne
Leisure) was 12 years old.

Regards
John