storage in Hyde north Cheshire area

Old July 11th 06, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
djw

Default storage in Hyde north Cheshire area

Does anyone know of a storage site that might actually have vacancies
in the general area of Hyde, Cheshire, or anywhere near there?
Anything, even a farm, would do.

Old August 21st 06, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno-Hoo!

"djw" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know of a storage site that might actually have vacancies
in the general area of Hyde, Cheshire, or anywhere near there?
Anything, even a farm, would do.

I hate to tell you this but Hyde is in Greater Manchester, not Cheshire -
and has been since 1972!

Kev

Old August 21st 06, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:55:14 +0100, "Uno-Hoo!"
[email protected] wrote:

I hate to tell you this but Hyde is in Greater Manchester, not Cheshire -
and has been since 1972!

Greater Manchester ceased to exist as an administrative county in the
mid 80's, the only Greter Manchester things these days are quangos
that impose various things upon us without any representation. Sadly
many people still refer to places as being in Greater Manchester
instead of in the places that actually administer them, even more
sadly various places were swallowed up by the various boroughs that
are around Manchester and lost much of their identity whilst paying
through the nose for the priviledge.

Bill Lord

Old August 22nd 06, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno-Hoo!

[email protected] wrote:

I hate to tell you this but Hyde is in Greater Manchester, not Cheshire -
and has been since 1972!

Greater Manchester ceased to exist as an administrative county in the
mid 80's, the only Greter Manchester things these days are quangos
that impose various things upon us without any representation. Sadly
many people still refer to places as being in Greater Manchester
instead of in the places that actually administer them, even more
sadly various places were swallowed up by the various boroughs that
are around Manchester and lost much of their identity whilst paying
through the nose for the priviledge.

Well I don't know who administers Hyde then - but it's certainly not
Cheshire! Hyde is policed by GMP - not Cheshire Constabulary for example.

Kev