Carver GE water heater

Old July 11th 06, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rob

Default Carver GE water heater

I have a slight drip from around the drain plug area on my 1998 Carver water
heater, the drain plug is tight but the drip seems to be coming from behind
the faceplate. Does anyone know what might be causing this. It was
thoroughly drained off well before frost and the drain left undone so I do
not believe it is frost damaged. There is no sign of water inside the locker
where the heater is.

Rob

Old July 11th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin McGowan

Rob wrote:
I have a slight drip from around the drain plug area on my 1998 Carver water
heater, the drain plug is tight but the drip seems to be coming from behind
the faceplate. Does anyone know what might be causing this. It was
thoroughly drained off well before frost and the drain left undone so I do
not believe it is frost damaged. There is no sign of water inside the locker
where the heater is.

It could be from the quick drain valve at the top, that gave me a
worrying time, water pouring out of the cowl. it is a spring loaded
pin which is pulled out by the screw head on the front. it took me a
while to sort out what had happened. if you undo the four screws
around the cowl and pull forward, you can then see in to the
workings. there is also a pressure releaf valve in the middle, not
sure about fixing that if it's leaking.
Good luck
Martin McGowan

Old July 11th 06, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
RB News

"Rob" wrote in message
I have a slight drip from around the drain plug area on my 1998 Carver

water
heater, the drain plug is tight but the drip seems to be coming from

behind
the faceplate. Does anyone know what might be causing this. It was
thoroughly drained off well before frost and the drain left undone so I do
not believe it is frost damaged. There is no sign of water inside the

locker
where the heater is.

Rob

Did you replace the 'O'-ring on the drain plug?
Rog

Old July 15th 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Neil

RB News wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
I have a slight drip from around the drain plug area on my 1998 Carver

water
heater, the drain plug is tight but the drip seems to be coming from

behind
the faceplate. Does anyone know what might be causing this. It was
thoroughly drained off well before frost and the drain left undone so I do
not believe it is frost damaged. There is no sign of water inside the

locker
where the heater is.

Rob

Did you replace the 'O'-ring on the drain plug?
Rog

You might need to buy a new drain plug - I bought a new O ring to stop
the weep, went away with the caravan and it still leaked, so it was out
with the PTFE tape until I got home....

Neil