Overnight between Zeebrugge and Grenoble

Old July 14th 06, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Dear

Default Overnight between Zeebrugge and Grenoble

H folks,
Any suggestions for an overnight stop at a campsite somewhere about half way
between Zeebrugge and Grenoble, near to the motorway? I had thought about
Macon, but it's over 400 miles from the ferry port in Zeebrugge.
thanks
John

Old July 14th 06, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Willdigg

I would consider the municiple site at Chalons en champagne but that is only
just over 200 miles and still leaves 350 for the next leg.
Regards Dave
news

Old July 14th 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

David Willdigg wrote:

|| I would consider the municiple site at Chalons en champagne but that
|| is only just over 200 miles and still leaves 350 for the next leg.
|| Regards Dave
|| "John Dear" wrote in message
|| news ||| H folks,
||| Any suggestions for an overnight stop at a campsite somewhere about
||| half way between Zeebrugge and Grenoble, near to the motorway? I
||| had thought about Macon, but it's over 400 miles from the ferry
||| port in Zeebrugge.
||| thanks
||| John

Seconded - great site, very clean and well run.

--
Rich
==============================

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old July 14th 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old July 14th 06, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Old July 25th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony Hardman

I would recommend that site as well.... we keep considering going back to
that area just to go to the site.

Good size pitches, electric (I can't remember the power or fitting),
reasonable sanitation, good facilities, good price.

We made it on our first night crossing via Calais - We avoided toll roads,
but I think we did use them a bit to help with time.

The site is well recommended - Its worth staying more than just the one
night to refresh before travelling south. BTW - further south the
"Napoleons Route" down to Nice is very scenic, but twisting and hilly - but
recommended.

Towing a Lunar Delta 500 twin with a Mondeo 2.0 TDC was not a problem....

Tony

news