I'm no Pikey !!!

Old July 15th 06, 05:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Default I'm no Pikey !!!

I have had my nickname "Tinker" since school and it was pointed out to me
last night by a pal that it was apt as I like my caravanning a lot well It
never occued to me so I would like to state here and now to avoide any
confusion I am not a pikey......well apart from weekends ;-)

I aquired the name at school because I hated prunes......?
We used to sing a rhym as we counted out the prune stones on the plate after
school puddings, Tinka, Taylor, Sailor, Soldier, Rich Man, Poor Man, Beggar
Man, Thief.

The servers always forced me to have 1 prune, So I was always a "Tinker"
--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old July 15th 06, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
. uk...

I have had my nickname "Tinker" since school and it was pointed out to me
last night by a pal that it was apt as I like my caravanning a lot well
It never occued to me so I would like to state here and now to avoide any
confusion I am not a pikey......well apart from weekends ;-)

I never thought of you as a pikey. I can't see a pikey as part of a mortgage
company!

I aquired the name at school because I hated prunes......?
We used to sing a rhym as we counted out the prune stones on the plate
after school puddings, Tinka, Taylor, Sailor, Soldier, Rich Man, Poor Man,
Beggar Man, Thief.

No, Tinker Tailor
Soldier Sailor (to rhyme with Tailor!)
Richman Poorman
Beggarman Thief.

There was a second verse which only rich children, who had more prunes,
cherries or whatever, said. oi could never remember it, never needed to
:-( I think it had doctor, lawyer ... so you get the picture.

The servers always forced me to have 1 prune, So I was always a "Tinker"

Oh, I assumed it was the alliteration with Tim!

Mary