Overnight stop

Old July 16th 06, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Clive

Default Overnight stop

We will be travelling to Normandy in September and, for the first time,
using the Brittany Ferries 15:15hrs Portsmouth to Caen service. Does anyone
know if it is possible to park and sleep in the caravan in the docks area
overnight?

Alternatively, can anyone give me directions to the Haute Couture caravan
site, which I understand is quite near the docks.

Thank you.

Old July 16th 06, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Clive" wrote in message
We will be travelling to Normandy in September and, for the first time,
using the Brittany Ferries 15:15hrs Portsmouth to Caen service. Does
anyone know if it is possible to park and sleep in the caravan in the
docks area overnight?

Alternatively, can anyone give me directions to the Haute Couture caravan
site, which I understand is quite near the docks.

Thank you.

Clive,

I do not know of the camp site you mention but about half a mile from the
ferry port, on the main road to Caen, first roundabout, third exit, is
Camping Les Pommiers. A municipal site and the office stays open until
about 2300 hours to cater for caravans from the ferry you are using. We
used it coming home in June. Toilets could have been a bit cleaner but it
was a French holiday and there were lots of kids about. The site is the
most convenient for the ferry and we shall certainly use it again. It has a
back gate to the canal path with an easy walk or bike ride into Ouistreham.
Details here :-
http://www.ville-ouistreham.fr/OT_He...t.asp?typ=CAMP

Regards.

Dave.

Old July 17th 06, 06:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
NickBu

See this discussion here
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/...urnPage=Search

Old July 18th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Clive

My thanks for the information, we will give the dock car park a try. Easier
than trying to find a caravan site in the dark.