Water heater MCB tripping?

Old July 15th 06, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Default Water heater MCB tripping?

Hi,

I'm finding that the Carver water heaters supply MCB has tripped each
time I arrive at a new site and needs to be reset. I've not
investigated it yet, but have simply needed to reset it after plugging
in the hook up - following which it stays in until the next move.

My first thought was that the vibration of the caravan moving along the
road might be causing it to trip, but now I'm not so sure. Is it
possible that the tripping is deliberate (mains failure device), to
prevent the water heater circuit being made live accidently with no
water in the heater? This is in addition to the actual reset button on
the Carver itself.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old July 16th 06, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield pretended :
Hi,

I'm finding that the Carver water heaters supply MCB has tripped each time I
arrive at a new site and needs to be reset. I've not investigated it yet, but
have simply needed to reset it after plugging in the hook up - following
which it stays in until the next move.

My first thought was that the vibration of the caravan moving along the road
might be causing it to trip, but now I'm not so sure. Is it possible that the
tripping is deliberate (mains failure device), to prevent the water heater
circuit being made live accidently with no water in the heater? This is in
addition to the actual reset button on the Carver itself.

This post should have been dated Sunday 16th.

Old July 16th 06, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Harry Bloomfield said the following on 15/07/2006 15:51:
Hi,

I'm finding that the Carver water heaters supply MCB has tripped each
time I arrive at a new site and needs to be reset. I've not investigated
it yet, but have simply needed to reset it after plugging in the hook up
- following which it stays in until the next move.

My first thought was that the vibration of the caravan moving along the
road might be causing it to trip, but now I'm not so sure. Is it
possible that the tripping is deliberate (mains failure device), to
prevent the water heater circuit being made live accidently with no
water in the heater? This is in addition to the actual reset button on
the Carver itself.

Reset button is the only protection as far as I know - works
effectively! on the occasions I have turned it on with no water. The MCB
should be a standard circuit breaker, try swapping it with one of the
others if there is a similarly rated one.

Roy