Glastonbury 2007 . civilised tourer sites

Old July 16th 06, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Default Glastonbury 2007 . civilised tourer sites

Following on from a minted weekend at Silverstone this June with my mate,
sat watching the start of the world-cup on the big screens etc, I am now on
the lookout to squeeze a bit more usage out of my Elddis.

I have been to dozens and dozens of big gigs in my time, but at the age of
37 I've got to come out and admit...I've never been to Glastonbury. I may
take the family in the future, but for now I think a bunch of mates will be
preferable.

So...has anybody ever done a civilised excursion to Glastonbury for the full
duration. I'd like to know names , places , distances , costs. And
assuming GL2007 does happen, what would the approx ticket price
be...130'ish I'm guessing at.

Thx

Old July 17th 06, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Shaun Robertson

ToxOgrady wrote:
Following on from a minted weekend at Silverstone this June with my mate,
sat watching the start of the world-cup on the big screens etc, I am now on
the lookout to squeeze a bit more usage out of my Elddis.

I have been to dozens and dozens of big gigs in my time, but at the age of
37 I've got to come out and admit...I've never been to Glastonbury. I may
take the family in the future, but for now I think a bunch of mates will be
preferable.

So...has anybody ever done a civilised excursion to Glastonbury for the full
duration. I'd like to know names , places , distances , costs. And
assuming GL2007 does happen, what would the approx ticket price
be...130'ish I'm guessing at.

We used to go to Glasto every year in our VW bus, and took a caravan
last time we went in 2002. Unless the arrangements have changed, the
Camper Van/Caravan field is quite civilised. It is sited away from the
other camping areas, a ten minute walk to the main site, and it is on
higher ground than the rest of the site so even in the notorious muddy
years of 97 & 98 was nice and dry...it is also approached via a
different entrace so don't follow the bulk of the traffic into the car
park.

You have to buy a special Caravan/Campervan ticket in addition to your
festival tickets to camp in this area - 25 IIRC. Sleeping in
caravans or campers on the car park is not allowed.

I'd love to go next year but the missus is a teacher so it's impossible
for her to get the time off, and not worth going just for the weekend.
We used to travel down on Wednesday morning and leave Monday afternoon,
sometimes making a week of it by staying for a few days at Monmouth or
Staffordshire beforehand...

Good luck getting tickets

Cheers
Shaun