Topgear

Old July 16th 06, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ToxOgrady

Default Topgear

I haven't seen it tonight but apparently Clarkson was doing something
negative about caravans.

I'm only surprised that John & Lisa haven't yet managed to use it as a plug
to their gspam site.

Old July 17th 06, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"ToxOgrady" wrote in news:QZyug.34857$eQ.22993
@newsfe7-win.ntli.net:

I haven't seen it tonight but apparently Clarkson was doing something
negative about caravans.

I too didn't see the offending piece on Top Gear. However, on another
forum, someone suggested that they did it (including setting fire to a
caravan) at Moreton CC site. I do hope not, as Moreton-in-Marsh is one of
my favourites!

--
Geoff

Old July 17th 06, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

:

| I haven't seen it tonight but apparently Clarkson was doing something
| negative about caravans.
|
|I too didn't see the offending piece on Top Gear. However, on another
|forum, someone suggested that they did it (including setting fire to a
|caravan) at Moreton CC site. I do hope not, as Moreton-in-Marsh is one of
|my favourites!

It was all set up acting, with poor continuity. Usual Topgear rubbish :-(

They listed the things which they had forgotten, including gas, then they
had trouble connecting the gas, which was not forgotten.

The outfit they had would tow at the speed limit on all A roads, and they
deliberately went slower than they could.

The reaction of bystanders indicated that they were expecting the fire, I
have had two minor fires on camp sites and the other campers appeared very
fast to help. In this case the other campers did not attempt to help.

The destruction of next door's awning was as set up of a van parked there
by the TV company with the intension of destroying it.
Old July 17th 06, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 17th 06, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 17th 06, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Vince

| I haven't seen it tonight but apparently Clarkson was doing something
| negative about caravans.
|
|I too didn't see the offending piece on Top Gear. However, on another
|forum, someone suggested that they did it (including setting fire to a
|caravan) at Moreton CC site. I do hope not, as Moreton-in-Marsh is one of
|my favourites!

It was all set up acting, with poor continuity. Usual Topgear rubbish
:-(

They listed the things which they had forgotten, including gas, then they
had trouble connecting the gas, which was not forgotten.

The outfit they had would tow at the speed limit on all A roads, and they
deliberately went slower than they could.

The reaction of bystanders indicated that they were expecting the fire, I
have had two minor fires on camp sites and the other campers appeared very
fast to help. In this case the other campers did not attempt to help.

The destruction of next door's awning was as set up of a van parked there
by the TV company with the intension of destroying it.

I liked the bit were he drove the caravan into a post in the garage..

I know it was all set up - it was funny though.

Vince

Old July 17th 06, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Vince

Old July 17th 06, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Vince