Fanmaster fault

Old July 17th 06, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

Default Fanmaster fault

Last weekend, I tried to put the Fanmaster on to the "Fan" setting to move
some air around the 'van. The light on the controller flashed a few times,
then flashed at "half speed" and continued flashing at "half speed" but the
fan didn't start. Going through the faultfinding chart in the installation
guide, it suggests that I need to check whether a plug is properly
connected to the PCB and if OK do some continuity and voltage checks (again
at the PCB).

Seems simple, except that I have no idea where the PCB is physically
located and don't want to rip out loads of stuff unecessarily. I would be
grateful if some kind soul could tell me where to look!?

TIA,

--
Geoff
Old July 17th 06, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Its inside the heater.

Beware our 12 month old Abby had a PCB fault and while asleep on 1 KW
overnight it burnt the carpet and floor finish It was either just on Full
or Off with no in-between?

Also the RCB keeps tripping when on charge? why?

Regards

Peter

Old July 17th 06, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Peter" wrote in
:

Its inside the heater.

Ouch! That'll mean taking out the gas heater and half the kitchen

Beware our 12 month old Abby had a PCB fault and while asleep on 1 KW
overnight it burnt the carpet and floor finish It was either just on
Full or Off with no in-between?

Thanks for the info.

I need to replace the fan as well at some time because the bearing's on the
noisy side. I guess that I might need to pass the job onto the experts
instead of attempting it myself because I can't see a way of getting to the
fanmaster unit itself without removing the gas heater - which I suspect
means disturbing the gas plumbing.

--
Geoff

Old July 17th 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Peter" wrote in message
Its inside the heater.

Beware our 12 month old Abby had a PCB fault and while asleep on 1 KW
overnight it burnt the carpet and floor finish It was either just on Full
or Off with no in-between?

Also the RCB keeps tripping when on charge? why?

Wot's and RCB, or do you mean RCD, MCB, RCCB, RCBO or something else?

Rgds

Andy R