Avondale 12v Master switch

Old July 17th 06, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tim

Default Avondale 12v Master switch

Can anyone tell me why there are to 12v switches on my avondale landranger,1
seems to be a master switch the other im not sure!Also why do these switches
have to be on to charge the battery?
many thx
Tim

Old July 17th 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected] home

"Tim" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me why there are to 12v switches on my avondale
landranger,1 seems to be a master switch the other im not sure!Also why do
these switches have to be on to charge the battery?
many thx
Tim

I don't know the actual van but usually there is one 12V distribution switch
near the charger. This is, again, usually, a three position switch centre
position for off, car position for supply from the car, van position to
supply from the van battery. If you are using the mains charger then in the
centre position the charger will be supplying the van 12v system directly
without the battery in the circuit. Placing the switch in the van position
will bring the battery into the circuit to charge, and also to help the
charger in times of high usage.

The other 12V switch, occasionally above the door allows you to isolate the
12V system in the van to save battery power instead of guddling about in a
cupboard to switch the three position switch off.

Apologies if your van is not like this.

Cheers