Vauxhall New Zafire towbar electrics

Old July 18th 06, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
FurtiveBertie

Default Vauxhall New Zafire towbar electrics

HI,

I have a new Zafira (2006), and want to fit a towing electrical socket
to enable me to carry cycles, with a lighting board.

I have purchased the kit from Halfords, but am struggling with the
identification of the wiring.
The tail light/ brake light only has one filament, and one wire going
to it (Black/yellow)

How do I get the brake lights and tail lights on the lighting board to
work correctly with this?

The indicators I have corrctly identified as lh Black/white and rh
Black/green
The fog lamp is Black/blue.

Earth is not a problem (I just forgot to not it down) But I am now
completely stuck. I've emailed Vauxhall support, but don't expect an
answer. (I might be surprised!)

I've fitted these to other cars in the past with no problems.
Time is running out, as we go on holiday to France in two weeks :-)

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

FB

Old July 18th 06, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rob

Many modern cars need a vehicle specific wiring kit to avoid problems with
the computerised wiring systems on modern cars and bulb failure warning
systems. A lot of new Vauxhalls use a CANBUS system which basically means
when you switch on the lights you are actually telling the computer to send
a signal to the Canbus module to activate the lights. Take a look at
http://www.rightconnections.co.uk and browse the product catalogue to see if
they have a specific wiring kit for your car. They are also extremely good
at responding to email queries. There kits are now used by many NTTA
approved workshops. I have one on my BMW which uses CANBUS and it only takes
45 mins to fit and does all sorts of clever things like turning off parking
sensors when a caravan is in tow and activating the trailer stability
program within the Dynamic stability program.

Rob
oups.com...

Old July 25th 06, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
FurtiveBertie

I've bitten the bullet, and bought the kit from the Vauxhall dealer -
it was nearly 50, but saved me a bit of a headache.

Although it does do lots of "clever" things which I could do without,
such as turning
off the fog lights and reversing lights on the car when the lighting
board is plugged in!

My trailer board doesn't have these, and I'm only carrying bikes!

Never mind, I suppose it's still legal :-\

FB