Spontaneous trip to Bulgaria!! Already abroad & need driving insurance for that country

Old July 19th 06, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mothed out

Default Spontaneous trip to Bulgaria!! Already abroad & need driving insurance for that country

Hi Folks,
I'm on the road in me truck having a great time in France, and owing to
friends I've met up with etc. I'm now considering an unpremeditated
trip to Eastern Europe, probably along the Slovenia, other bits of
former Yugoslavia, then Bulgaria route.

I've been wanting to visit Bulgaria for years.

one prob though is that my insurers (Cooperative Insurance, CIS) only
cover me for EU states, and Bulgaria isn't set to join til next year.

According to the policy document they wont even consider extending this
without 28 days notice, which is a bummer coz i have to be home in
about a month's time.

I was just wondering if anyone could think of a satisfactory solution
to this problem for someone travelling beyond the eastern borders of
the EU, specifically in Bulgaria. I suppose the best bet would be to
procure some driving insurance for these countries for a specific time
via the internet?
Also, some countries such as Morocco allow you to buy minimum insurance
for driving when you cross the border- wonder if something like that
is available in Bulgaria?.

Any experience or ideas about this issue would be much appreciated.

I hear bulgaria is a fab country to visit in a camper !!!

thanks

mothed