LMC

Old July 20th 06, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uncle Marvo

Default LMC

I've hopped over from rec.waterways for a mo with a caravan question ...

I have a LMC 770P (I think that's right) which is enormous. I don't need it
any more and want to sell it, but I think I have a problem. Someone told me
that there are new laws regarding such a sizeable beast, to do with the
comparative weight of the towing vehicle. Does anyone know if this is so
and, if it is, what the law is?

Also, I don't want to use eBay ... does anyone have a good recommendation
where I might advertise such a thing, either on t'internet or elsewhere?

Many thanks

Unc

Old July 20th 06, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
I've hopped over from rec.waterways for a mo with a caravan question ...

I have a LMC 770P (I think that's right) which is enormous. I don't need
it any more and want to sell it, but I think I have a problem. Someone
told me that there are new laws regarding such a sizeable beast, to do
with the comparative weight of the towing vehicle. Does anyone know if
this is so and, if it is, what the law is?

Also, I don't want to use eBay ... does anyone have a good recommendation
where I might advertise such a thing, either on t'internet or elsewhere?

Many thanks

Unc

Maybe this can help?

Legal issues of towing
Maximum sizes for towing

Towing vehicle under 3500kg GVW

Length (excluding the coupling and drawbar)
7.0 metres

Maximum width

2.3 metres

Towing vehicle over 3500kg GVW

Length (excluding the coupling and drawbar)
12 metres if at least 4 wheels

Maximum width
2.55 metres

Length of towing vehicle & trailer combined
18 metres

Maximum overhang of load from rear of trailer
3.05 metres

Further information from: National Trailer and Towing Association
(NTTA)
www.ntta.co.uk/law/