Cadac Eazi chef and Carri chef

Old July 20th 06, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Basso

Default Cadac Eazi chef and Carri chef

I am thinking of buying a Cadac but am a bit confused about the product
range. The Eazi chef delux and Carri chef delux seem functionally the
same, just the base (and the price!)being different. Is there a vast
difference between these two products, or will the Eazi chef do me just
as well as the Carri chef. I will be using it via an external gas
point on my 'van.

Any help or views gratefully recieved!

Old July 20th 06, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

In message .com,
Basso muttered:
I am thinking of buying a Cadac but am a bit confused about the product
range. The Eazi chef delux and Carri chef delux seem functionally the
same, just the base (and the price!)being different. Is there a vast
difference between these two products, or will the Eazi chef do me just
as well as the Carri chef. I will be using it via an external gas
point on my 'van.

We bought the eazi chef deluxe combo, but I think in hindsight the carri
chef would have been cheaper and better. Having said that, having bought
ours I do think they are hideously over-priced (works well tho').

Got ours about 4 months ago from riverside leisure, cheapest at the
time.

--
Andy

Old July 20th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

"andy" wrote in message
news
In message .com, Basso
muttered:
I am thinking of buying a Cadac but am a bit confused about the product
range. The Eazi chef delux and Carri chef delux seem functionally the
same, just the base (and the price!)being different. Is there a vast
difference between these two products, or will the Eazi chef do me just
as well as the Carri chef. I will be using it via an external gas
point on my 'van.

We bought the eazi chef deluxe combo, but I think in hindsight the carri
chef would have been cheaper and better. Having said that, having bought
ours I do think they are hideously over-priced (works well tho').

Got ours about 4 months ago from riverside leisure, cheapest at the time.

--
Andy

I have one too, and you the griddle plate most of the time. Cooks lovely..

In the morning I turn the plate over and do lovely eggs for brecky lol!!!

Well worth the money. Mine was a bargain on e bay. never used 75 for the
lot....

It pays to shop around :-)

Good Luck.

Old July 20th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

"andy" wrote in message
news
In message .com, Basso
muttered:

Old July 20th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy E

"andy" wrote in message
news
In message .com, Basso
muttered:

Old July 23rd 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mathew Newton

Basso wrote:
I am thinking of buying a Cadac but am a bit confused about the product
range. The Eazi chef delux and Carri chef delux seem functionally the
same, just the base (and the price!)being different. Is there a vast
difference between these two products, or will the Eazi chef do me just
as well as the Carri chef. I will be using it via an external gas
point on my 'van.

Any help or views gratefully recieved!

We've had the Eazi Chef for a couple of years now and can highly
recommend it. Being a fan of BBQ's we mainly use it this 'mode' (the
heat deflector still does a good job of giving somewhere for fat drips
to vaporise to maintain a good BBQ taste) however on the occasion where
we've used the grill this has proven excellent too.

As far as differences between the Eazi and Carri are concerned I'm
probably not best placed to comment, however I'm sure one is lighter
than the other. We use our Eazi camping and don't consider it to be
heavy (certainly not the base - it's weighs very little) hence I'm not
sure it would benefit from a light base... perhaps it's the Eazi one
that is lightest at the sacrifice of less stability - three legs up to
the base has got to provide a firmer structure than three up to a
single upright however I have not considered stability, or lack
thereof, to be an issue with the Eazi version.

It would appear that the Carri model has a built-in piezo lighter (as
opposed to having to light the Eazi up through one of the breather
holes on the underside) so this may or may not be important to you.

For 70 (also from Riversway at another poster mentioned) it's
arguably a lot of money however I think it's going to last a long time.
The whole thing feels very well made and of good design. I would expect
spares to be readily available for the foreseeable future as the design
seems to be relatively static over the past few years.

Mathew

P.S. I see that Riversway are selling the Carri for 80 at the moment
- I'm sure it's normally over a hundred elsewhere...