Chip and Pin in france?

Old July 23rd 06, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
debg

Default Chip and Pin in france?

we had a few problems last year using our chip and pin credit cards in
france and was wondering if this has improved this year.
Also does anyone know if they will accept a signature instead of the
PIn ?
thanks

Old July 23rd 06, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"debg" wrote in message
ups.com...
we had a few problems last year using our chip and pin credit cards in
france and was wondering if this has improved this year.
Also does anyone know if they will accept a signature instead of the
PIn ?
thanks

I was surprised how easy it seemed to be to use a pin number in supermarkets
this year. Was not brave enough to try an automatic fuel pump as I am not
sure they have yet been changed to accept non French cards

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old July 24th 06, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On 23 Jul 2006 16:21:26 -0700, "debg" wrote:

|we had a few problems last year using our chip and pin credit cards in
|france and was wondering if this has improved this year.
|Also does anyone know if they will accept a signature instead of the
|PIn ?

Germany has refused signatures for years. :-(
Old July 24th 06, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 24th 06, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 24th 06, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
La Croix Joreau

David Klyne wrote:
"debg" wrote in message
ups.com...

we had a few problems last year using our chip and pin credit cards in
france and was wondering if this has improved this year.
Also does anyone know if they will accept a signature instead of the
PIn ?
thanks

I was surprised how easy it seemed to be to use a pin number in supermarkets
this year. Was not brave enough to try an automatic fuel pump as I am not
sure they have yet been changed to accept non French cards

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Just about everywhere is able to take UK chip and pin cards except
automatic petrol pumps. There are some pumps that are now able to accept
UK chip and pin but these are few and far between at the moment.

A lot of French people are now used to the Brits not being able to use
unattended petrol pumps and helping out with their cards for cash.

http://www.lacroixjoreau.com - Cottages and apartments in the Loire
Valley, France