Top Gear CCC Statement

Old July 24th 06, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Top Gear CCC Statement

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub...XA494-A77F7174

Top Gear asked to use Moreton Site as a backdrop to a feature they intended
to air on Caravanning. We agreed as long as they adhered to Club policies,
a fact which was mentioned in the programme.

The items in the feature which included the destruction of a caravan and
similar potentially dangerous actions, were not filmed on site and we were
not aware that they were going to take place.

The Club promotes safer caravanning and has a number of site rules to
ensure the safety of all campers, for example positioning all camping
vehicles 6m apart to help prevent the spread of fire in the unlikely event
that this should occur, additionally this spacing is designed to ensure
that people have plenty of space in which to manoeuvre vehicles safely. The
Club also prides itself on providing assistance in the pitching all
vehicles individually and safely.

There are around ? million people who love caravanning, 1 holiday in 8 is
spent enjoying this pursuit in a safe and welcoming environment.

Old July 24th 06, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

and from the CC:

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/news/cu...s/17+july+2006
+statement+regarding+top+gear.htm

Also linked via http://tinyurl.com/n8u4k

The CC deny that any part of the piece was filmed at Moreton - yet (having
now seen the piece) that entrance barrier and those hardstandings looked
very like Moreton CC site! Perhaps the film crew just happened to leave
their cameras running while the warden fetched the "Getting Started"
leaflets 8(

--
Geoff

Old July 24th 06, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Does it really matter? Top Gear has to be taken with a goodly pinch of
salt. It has degenerated to a 'children's hour' type of program, (I'm
the generation who remembers Mr Pastry, anyone else see the
connection?!). I enjoy watching it as it is amusing, but a serious
study of motor cars it ain't!
There's always the 'off' button.

Barleycorn.

Old July 24th 06, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does it really matter? Top Gear has to be taken with a goodly pinch of
salt. It has degenerated to a 'children's hour' type of program, (I'm
the generation who remembers Mr Pastry, anyone else see the
connection?!). I enjoy watching it as it is amusing, but a serious
study of motor cars it ain't!
There's always the 'off' button.

Barleycorn.

The only thing I can remember about pastry

Is If its proper

It goes round a Proper Pastie

having said that

What's an OFF Switch