Fridge fans

Old July 25th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Default Fridge fans

Just got around to fitting fridge fans to my new van, I have fitted these to
every van I have owned so far and find that they increase the performance
amazingly in weather like we have now Even after resealing. I took the
opportunity to take some pics as I did it as from time to time people ask on
the group about fitting them and have added instructions so if anyone would
like them email me off list. The whole job cost 7.50 and took 45 mins. PC
fans from Ebay and switch/ wire and inline fuse from Maplins.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old July 25th 06, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
Just got around to fitting fridge fans to my new van, I have fitted these
to every van I have owned so far and find that they increase the
performance amazingly in weather like we have now Even after resealing. I
took the opportunity to take some pics as I did it as from time to time
people ask on the group about fitting them and have added instructions so
if anyone would like them email me off list. The whole job cost 7.50 and
took 45 mins. PC fans from Ebay and switch/ wire and inline fuse from
Maplins.

I've always wondered about this. might seem illogical, but do you blast the
air in the natural direction of convection(i.e. upwards), or send it in
reverse downwards past the element to get the best effect? Pictures would be
interesting please.
Geoff

Old July 25th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:40:31 +0100, "Geoff"
wrote:

"Tinkapace" wrote in message
k...
Just got around to fitting fridge fans to my new van, I have fitted these
to every van I have owned so far and find that they increase the
performance amazingly in weather like we have now Even after resealing. I
took the opportunity to take some pics as I did it as from time to time
people ask on the group about fitting them and have added instructions so
if anyone would like them email me off list. The whole job cost 7.50 and
took 45 mins. PC fans from Ebay and switch/ wire and inline fuse from
Maplins.

I've always wondered about this. might seem illogical, but do you blast the
air in the natural direction of convection(i.e. upwards), or send it in
reverse downwards past the element to get the best effect? Pictures would be
interesting please.
Geoff

You have opened a can of worms there Geoff, I have seen very very long
threads on the alt computer groups aguing that very question.

Old July 25th 06, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Cole

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:22:03 GMT, "Tinkapace"
wrote:

Just got around to fitting fridge fans to my new van, I have fitted these to
every van I have owned so far and find that they increase the performance
amazingly in weather like we have now Even after resealing. I took the
opportunity to take some pics as I did it as from time to time people ask on
the group about fitting them and have added instructions so if anyone would
like them email me off list. The whole job cost 7.50 and took 45 mins. PC
fans from Ebay and switch/ wire and inline fuse from Maplins.

Tim

At one time someone or other was asking every week how to do this so I
added it into the Frequently Asked Questions section at
http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/caravanning/fagffan.htm

Richard
Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ - caravanning,
http://www.rcole.org/ - personal web site and http://www.homeindorset.co.uk
because I loves the domain name for email.
--
When all else fails (duct tape, WD40, hammers), just unplug all of the cables
and then plug them all back in again. It gets most hardware working again. -