Concertina Blinds

Old July 30th 06, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John G

Default Concertina Blinds

Back in June I posted to say that my dealer had said they would replace all
of the blinds on our Sterling Eccles Topaz at its first service in October.
I have now received a letter from the dealer saying that Swift have said
that they will not change the blinds if they let light in at the concertina
folds. If they still go up and down they are deemed not faulty. I read my
warranty book which said that blinds are covered in year one but not years
two and three and quoted this to the dealer who went back to Swift. Swifts
reply was that the blinds were not supposed to be blackout blinds they were
to prevent people looking in. As these blinds are only fitted to the more
expensive vans I expect them to be better than the roller type fitted to the
lower end of the market which they are obviously not. I don't expect to have
to pay about 400 for blind replacements in year one.

Does anybody know who makes the blinds please?

How are other manufactures viewing the light coming in the folds problem
with these blinds fitted to their vans?

Many thanks

John GO