Cadac Eazi chef and Carri chef

Old July 30th 06, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete Hinchliffe

Default Cadac Eazi chef and Carri chef

We have bought the De Luxe & have used it now on three trips. I thought that
the following assessment might be useful for anyone considering purchasing
one.

1. They are a devil to keep clean. Too big to go in the sink or basin &
sometimes there are several large
components that need to be thoroughly cleaned after use. (Diffuser, fat-pan,
grill, lid etc)Low maintainence they aint!

2. They are also extremely heavy. Yes, they are portable but only in a
technical sense. The publicity pix of hikers striding manfully up hill &
down dale with one strapped on his his back is very much artistic licence.

3. On our last trip, we suffered some sort of a 'blow-back'. First we knew
was melting, flaming plastic dropping from under the unit. The gas
controller was badly damaged and we will be seeking a replacement..

Let the buyer beware! They are selling like hot cakes but my advice is to be
very wary.