Black bits in my loo

Old July 31st 06, 02:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stumo

Default Black bits in my loo

When I'm getting to the bottom (excuse the pun) of the tank, I'm dredging up
black bits from the tank - anyone know how to get rid of them.

Thanks
Stumo

Old July 31st 06, 05:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar \(2\)

"Stumo" wrote in message
When I'm getting to the bottom (excuse the pun) of the tank, I'm dredging
up black bits from the tank - anyone know how to get rid of them.

To remove current black bits:
Add sterilising fluid (e.g. Milton) to flsuh water and leave as long as
possible.

To stop them happening in the first place:
Don't be conned into using any kind of additive to the flush water in
the name of "hygeine". The only time I got black bits was after using
Thetford Pink, or whatever it's called.

If you forget to flush out the sterilising fluid before using the toliet
again, don't worry - it doesn't casue any kind of amazing reaction of the
Harpic/bleach kind. Of course I only discovered this accidentally.

Keith

Old July 31st 06, 05:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 05:18:56 GMT, "Keith Dunbar \(2\)"
wrote:

|"Stumo" wrote in message
| When I'm getting to the bottom (excuse the pun) of the tank, I'm dredging
| up black bits from the tank - anyone know how to get rid of them.
|

|To remove current black bits:
| Add sterilising fluid (e.g. Milton) to flsuh water and leave as long as
|possible.

Thetford advise *against* hydrochloride bleaches, such as Milton which
affect the rubber seals. Purclean says it is safe.
Old July 31st 06, 05:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 31st 06, 05:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 31st 06, 06:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stumo

Thanks for the advice - thinking about it - the black only started after
using the pink :-)

Old July 31st 06, 06:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stumo

Old July 31st 06, 06:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stumo