More on Swift Conertina Blinds

Old July 31st 06, 07:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John G

Default More on Swift Conertina Blinds

Back in June I posted to say that my dealer had said they would replace all
of the blinds on our Sterling Eccles Topaz at its first service in October.
I have now received a letter from the dealer saying that Swift have said
that they will not change the blinds if they let light in at the concertina
folds. If they still go up and down they are deemed not faulty. I read my
warranty book which said that blinds are covered in year one but not years
two and three and quoted this to the dealer who went back to Swift. Swifts
reply was that the blinds were not supposed to be blackout blinds they were
to prevent people looking in. As these blinds are only fitted to the more
expensive vans I expect them to be better than the roller type fitted to the
lower end of the market which they are obviously not. I don't expect to have
to pay about 400 for blind replacements in year one.

Does anybody know who makes the blinds please?

How are other manufactures viewing the light coming in the folds problem
with these blinds fitted to their vans?

Many thanks

John G

Old July 31st 06, 07:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

John G came up with the following;:
As these
blinds are only fitted to the more expensive vans I expect them to be
better than the roller type fitted to the lower end of the market which
they are obviously not. I don't expect to have to pay about 400 for
blind replacements in year one.

Personally, I much oprefer the roller type blinds. Much less fussy, and
obviously less prone to let light in. Our roller blinds aren't meant to be
blackout blinds, but they do a damn fine job of it ...

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old July 31st 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Motorola

Well that's strange I had new replacement blinds fitted just under a year
ago, and have noticed they are going the same way as the old ones. I have
already reported it my dealer and they have been in contact with me to say
they have them now in stock and will change them next month when they
service the van. By the way the complete set of blinds are just short of
900.

I will ring them and find out if they are going to be done under warranty.

Although Swift has done this many times, a mention of legal action and they
always and up saying they will do it as a gesture of good will, don't be put
off

Old July 31st 06, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John G

Take care.
This is how my dealer said it works.
Dealer reports blinds faulty, only first year covered according to the
warranty book.
Swift supplies the blinds and dealer is charged for them.
Dealer replaces blinds and sends faulty ones back to Swift.
Swift inspects returned blinds and refunds dealer.

My dealer said that on the last two vans they replaced blinds on Swift
refused to refund as they said the light coming through the concertina folds
is not a fault. According to Swift if the blinds go up and down they are not
fault. They also said they are not claimed to be blackout blinds they are
to prevent people looking in. The dealer was left to pick up the bill or do
what Swift suggested and pass it on to the customer. You can imagine the
customers reaction to that. I have 4 concertina blinds which the dealer said
was in the order of 400 worth.

I tried to speak to the CC legal eagle today. They were busy and were
supposed to ring me back. I still await their call. Will report back on what
they have to say. If they come down on the side of Swift I will be putting a
letter in the CC Magazine. There was an article in there this month on the
new Swift vans. Somebody should point out what the warranty is worth and
having taken your dosh how they treat the customer.

I had a look at the possibility of replacing concertina blinds with the
roller type. The bottom blind cassette covers the gap between the internal
body skin and the aluminium window frame. I think it would be unacceptable
unless something else is used to cover the gap.

John G

To reply direct omit OMIT from my email address