** Old Diesel Fuel **

Old July 31st 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

Default ** Old Diesel Fuel **

Found a hard plastic 5 litre container full of diesel in the back of the
garage that I carried in the car for emergencies when in France during the
fuel shortage some 5 years ago.

Is the diesel likely to have degraded over that time ? Would it be Ok to use
it and put it in the car tank say when at 3/4 full ?

Mike

Old July 31st 06, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The Doctor's Apprentice

Shouldn't be a problem, it was underground for millions of years before
someone pumped it to the surface,

Old July 31st 06, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:28:08 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

Found a hard plastic 5 litre container full of diesel in the back of the
garage that I carried in the car for emergencies when in France during the
fuel shortage some 5 years ago.

Is the diesel likely to have degraded over that time ? Would it be Ok to use
it and put it in the car tank say when at 3/4 full ?

Mike

It should be OK if you mix with new fuel as you suggest. It does
degrade, the cetane rating (igniteablity) drops.

I sell a cetane booster on my website www.motoressentials.co.uk also
on my ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/motor-essentials this stuff
realy does work.

Lenny
www.motoressentials.co.uk
Diesel Power Cetane Booster for a smoother quieter engine.

Old July 31st 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:28:08 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

|Found a hard plastic 5 litre container full of diesel in the back of the
|garage that I carried in the car for emergencies when in France during the
|fuel shortage some 5 years ago.
|
|Is the diesel likely to have degraded over that time ? Would it be Ok to use
|it and put it in the car tank say when at 3/4 full ?

I once had problems with a can of old petrol, Kangaroos weren't in it :-(
As you suggest, mix it with new stuff a bit at a time.
Old July 31st 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 31st 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning