CL Sites with nice views in Cornwall

Old August 1st 06, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mel Potter

Default CL Sites with nice views in Cornwall

Hi There;

I'm new here so apologies that this question has probably been asked many
times before, but I'm interested in finding CLs in Cornwall with lovely
views.

I can recomend Gurland Farm at St. Just and Trevitha Farm at Wadebridge as
sites with excellent views but can anyone recomend any more?

Old August 1st 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Mel Potter" wrote in
:

I'm new here so apologies that this question has probably been asked
many times before, but I'm interested in finding CLs in Cornwall with
lovely views.

I can recomend Gurland Farm at St. Just and Trevitha Farm at
Wadebridge as sites with excellent views but can anyone recomend any
more?

It depends on how far you want to see and what sort of views you want.
FWIW, my friends have a CL near Bodmin that is on the edge of Cardinham
Woods - so woodlands as far as the eye can see is the view from the site.
It's a sloping pitch (we usually lift the downhill wheel about five inches)
so if you go, take your levelling wedges etc. but they do have electric
hook-ups if you want to use that orange cable.

Two minute's walk and you're on forestry trails. IIRC, there's over 20
miles of mixed-difficulty walking and cycling to be had in the forest. If
that's too "close in" for you, you could always ask for directions to "the
view", which is a vantage point a couple miles from the site, pretty much
known only to the locals, and from where you can see most of Cornwall on a
"good day".

See http://www.camping-southwest.com/margate/ for details with a not very
good photo (taken with my mobile phone!) of part of the vista from "the
view" on http://www.camping-southwest.com/margate/about.html

HTH,

--
Geoff

Old August 2nd 06, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mel Potter

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message

It depends on how far you want to see and what sort of views you want.

Well yes that's true. :-) I guess the answer is we don't mind how far we can
see as long as the view is pleasant.

There seem to be so many sites around where you are in an immaculately
manicured environment with very little that's natural to look at.

This is one of the reasons we avoid comercial sites and club sites

FWIW, my friends have a CL near Bodmin that is on the edge of Cardinham
Woods - so woodlands as far as the eye can see is the view from the site.

Sounds good

See http://www.camping-southwest.com/margate/ for details with a not very
good photo (taken with my mobile phone!) of part of the vista from "the
view" on http://www.camping-southwest.com/margate/about.html

It looks lovely and the photo looked fine to me. Sadly we're members of the
'other' club.

I thought only the Caravan Club referred to its 5 van sites as CL's. In the
old days I think the Camping and Caravanning ones were called Hideaways?

Thank for the suggestion tho.

Old August 2nd 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Mel Potter" wrote in
:

It looks lovely and the photo looked fine to me. Sadly we're members
of the 'other' club.

I thought only the Caravan Club referred to its 5 van sites as CL's.
In the old days I think the Camping and Caravanning ones were called
Hideaways?

Being a member of one club doesn't bar you from joining another! FWIW, I'm
a member of both clubs

CCC costs 33 a year for membership and might be well worth the money. For
example, in my case, my 33 saved me more than that in breakdown cover and
'van insurance - and that's without considering the twelve-hundred or so
certified sites!

Should you like the look of a CCC site, you can always join on the spot

HTH,

--
Geoff