Going without booking

Old August 2nd 06, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jane

Default Going without booking

hi there
Is there a website where I can find details of small tourer sites that
take people who haven't booked in advance? Do many people still tour
without booking and if so, how easy do you find it do get a pitch?
Old August 2nd 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:13:13 +0100, Jane wrote:

|hi there
|Is there a website where I can find details of small tourer sites that
|take people who haven't booked in advance? Do many people still tour
|without booking and if so, how easy do you find it do get a pitch?

We carry the CCC http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ Big Sites Book
and a mobile phone, and ring up. Before 9am in the morning is a good time.
Old August 2nd 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 2nd 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 2nd 06, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Jane" wrote in message
hi there
Is there a website where I can find details of small tourer sites that
take people who haven't booked in advance? Do many people still tour
without booking and if so, how easy do you find it do get a pitch?

We have been camping and or caravanning in France since 1984 during every
month of the year from April to October and have never prebooked. Using the
Caravan Club camp site guide and the Michelin Camping France we just turn up
and have always been accommodated. Another beautiful thing about camping in
France is that you do not pay for your stay until the evening before you
decide to leave. Very civilised, but I understand why, it is a big country
and they do have the room. If I had to prebook I think I would give it up.
I love the freedom of going where the whim takes us.

Regards.
Dave.

Old August 2nd 06, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
sixwheels

Jane wrote:
hi there
Is there a website where I can find details of small tourer sites that
take people who haven't booked in advance? Do many people still tour
without booking and if so, how easy do you find it do get a pitch?

Hi
I am a member of the CCC http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
& carry the Big Sites Book as dose Dave Fawthrop (previous poster).
You ask for a website. Try this one:- http://www.5van.co.uk

Pete
(Looking north towards the Crooked Spire)