Dissapointed with new Coachman

Old August 4th 06, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Default Dissapointed with new Coachman

Hello to all Caravaners,

Had the new Coachman Pastiche 460/2 just over a year now and have used it
twice. Once in Cornwall last year and France in June this year.

On return from France I noticed that the galley/kitchen window had a crack
from where it is fitted at the top of the frame at the hinge bar. On closer
inspection it can be seen that the hinge bar where fixed to the window has a
slight bump giving the impression that the hinge bar has been placed onto
the window during manufacture with a piece of foreign material trapped
between the plastic window and the hinge bar. On inspection from my local
caravan service centre which Wanderhome uses for the south east of England,
they believe that this pressure has caused the window to fail, which they
never uncounted before. I am still waiting to hear from Wanderhome where I
bought the caravan concerning this.

Today, I went to the caravan to drop something off and when I closed the
entry door the plastic glass fell out or the door! It seems that the heat
has undone the sealant or glue from around the frame! I contacted my man at
my local caravan service centre again and yes, they never uncounted this
before!

Is it me or has anyone else had this problem?

Steve

Old August 7th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

Stephen Reed wrote:

Today, I went to the caravan to drop something off and when I closed the
entry door the plastic glass fell out or the door! It seems that the heat
has undone the sealant or glue from around the frame! I contacted my man at
my local caravan service centre again and yes, they never uncounted this
before!

Is it me or has anyone else had this problem?

Steve

Similar problem mentioned in Septembers Practical Caravan, Page 98
monthly report by Jennifer Stuart-Smith.

It seems that there is a problem with the adhesive on some of the 2006
models, and the best way to fix it is to replace the top half of the door.

--
Jim.

___________________________________

North Derbyshire
England

To reply directly:
replace "nospam" with "henrun" in the email address

Old August 8th 06, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Never heard of this before I suspect it is a bad design or poorly fitted. I
have been away in France in temps of 106 and never had any bits drop off due
to heat( although a few of my bits nearly did).

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old August 9th 06, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Stephen Reed said the following on 04/08/2006 19:35:
I contacted my man at

Is it me or has anyone else had this problem?

Steve

I will ask my Butler