CC Web Ferry booking problems BEWARE

Old August 5th 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Peter

Default CC Web Ferry booking problems BEWARE

Copy of a e mail sent today to the CC.

We booked via your CC web site a return crossing from Fishguard out and back
via Dublin for late August 2006 in March this year. All was well.

We had problems re sites in Ireland and I chose to change the return route
back to Rosslare.

On contacting the web site I find that this is not possible on line.

On contacting the travel centre at HO again I am told that you are not only
unable the see my booking but also unable to change it either and that could
I phone a premium rate number and deal direct. (1. I dealt with CC not a
ferry booking company so why have I to talk to some other body re changes?
and 2. Why should I pay a premium rate let alone a standard rate to change
my booking?)

I called the number on my mobile from my car and after 10 minutes of
constant automated statements that my call would be answered shortly and
what can only be described and the English version of the musical water
torture (20 second loop of a dreadful bit of electronic rubbish played at a
rather high volume) the calls goes down. Cost so far 5

I call again and the same dreadful service and noise which after 25 minutes
is answered by a youth who not only didn't understand what a Plus Lounge
Service was thinking it was a cabin (so extending the call length) but half
way through the call presses the buttons on the handset terminating the
call. Total time 32 minutes or 16.

I call again and another 20 minutes results in the phone line tripping again
for reasons unknown. Cost so far 10

So far the call cost for 4 calls is over 33.50.

I now ask for a CC supervisor and good to their word the Youth who cut the
line returns sheepishly and at his cost changes the booking and after some
effort accepts that a plus service is a lounge and not a cabin. The only
good point of this so far is that I get a refund for the change that will
just about pay for the phone calls needed to achieve it in the first place.

All growling and joking aside. I run the sales department in the UK which
relies on customer service a lot. This is not a good experience and in fact
it makes one not only angry but makes us use your staff to sort out other
peoples problems.

In all it took 12 phone calls, three e mails and two internet sessions to
get what I wanted that in the past a short call at standard rate to HO has
achieved in 3 or 4 minutes.

Peter

PS Don't tell me it would never happen with the CCC David.

Old August 5th 06, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
HH

"Peter" wrote in message
Copy of a e mail sent today to the CC.

In all it took 12 phone calls, three e mails and two internet sessions to
get what I wanted that in the past a short call at standard rate to HO has
achieved in 3 or 4 minutes.

Peter

PS Don't tell me it would never happen with the CCC David.

Gave up using either of the Clubs for bookings some years ago because of
their inflexibility.

We travel several times a year - we are retired and fortunate - and we tend
to choose off-peak times in and out of the UK and that means arriving at
Dover or Calais or wherever at odd times. There is nothing more infuriating
than arriving early because of light traffic for a ferry or tunnel booking
and having to sit and wait until the allotted hour when all the time there
is space on an immediate boat/train. That is frequently the case at this end
on the outward journey when M4/M25 can be so quick or sooooo slow.

Bookings made via the Clubs are inflexible - as above!
They used to offer flexibility but no longer so they no longer have our
custom and as far as I can see, booking direct is rarely any more expensive
and it *is* flexible.

The last twice we have used Norfolk Line for our campervan . . no
coachloads of kids[or noisy/boozy adults] and space and a civilised
entry/exit at Dunkerque . . c.74 I seem to remember and the same price as
the CC advertised! We arrived early at Dover and at Dunkerque on the return
leg and were loaded immediately. Campervans get tucked in between large
rigs! All very civilised.

Malcolm

Old August 5th 06, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Richard Brookman

HH wrote:

|| "Peter" wrote in message
||| Copy of a e mail sent today to the CC.
||| In all it took 12 phone calls, three e mails and two internet
||| sessions to get what I wanted that in the past a short call at
||| standard rate to HO has achieved in 3 or 4 minutes.
||| Peter
||| PS Don't tell me it would never happen with the CCC David.
|| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|| Gave up using either of the Clubs for bookings some years ago
|| because of their inflexibility.
|| We travel several times a year - we are retired and fortunate - and
|| we tend to choose off-peak times in and out of the UK and that means
|| arriving at Dover or Calais or wherever at odd times. There is
|| nothing more infuriating than arriving early because of light
|| traffic for a ferry or tunnel booking and having to sit and wait
|| until the allotted hour when all the time there is space on an
|| immediate boat/train. That is frequently the case at this end on the
|| outward journey when M4/M25 can be so quick or sooooo slow.
|| Bookings made via the Clubs are inflexible - as above!
|| They used to offer flexibility but no longer

We booked Dover-Calais-Dover with the CC this year and for each crossing
arrived early. Both outward and return, we arrived just as the previous
ferry was loading and were asked if we wanted to take the earlier crossing.
No inflexibility there, and no complaints.

--
Rich
==============================

I don't approve of signatures, so I don't have one.

Old August 5th 06, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Richard Brookman

Old August 5th 06, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
Richard Brookman

Old August 5th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.motorcaravans
HH

"Richard Brookman" wrote in message

We booked Dover-Calais-Dover with the CC this year and for each crossing
arrived early. Both outward and return, we arrived just as the previous
ferry was loading and were asked if we wanted to take the earlier
crossing. No inflexibility there, and no complaints.

--
Rich

The problems arise if the booking you have is in one price band and the
available ferry/train is in another or you wish/need to change the actual
date: then the changes can only be made by the CC and they have no service
from Fri afternoon until Monday morning and it then becomes cumbersome.
Simpler to book direct, on-line and no more costly and much more convenient
fro those of us who don't work to fixed/pre-planned dates.