No Backup from Caravan Club

Old August 7th 06, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Motorola

Default No Backup from Caravan Club

We arrived at La Puerta Del Sol (Site Ref A19) at approximately 5.30pm on
Sunday the 9th July 2006, we where given a pitch that was used as a car park
for the other residents, the site representative was willing to get the
vehicles moved but looking at the pitch it was clear to all that the size of
the pitch was not suitable. The site representative then went back to her
office and came up with a much larger pitch, when we arrived at this pitch I
was and amazed to see the pot holes and tree stumps coming out of the
ground. Also the pitch was advertised as a full service pitch with water and
drainage we eventually found the water outlet hidden under a bush at the
side of the road.

Due to the time of day I decided to try and site our caravan on the pitch to
avoid the tree stumps and pot holes, we tried for over one hour to do this,
and which ever way I place our caravan I was not able to find a suitable
space for the caravan and awning together. I then walked the site to see if
I could find a suitable pitch, there where quite a few pitches vacant but
the majority was either too tight to gain entry, or with tree stumps in the
way, or too small for our outfit. I then went to the site office and
informed the site representative that I was not happy with the pitch, she
then confirmed that she did not have another suitable pitch for our outfit,
she then went on to say "are you going to contact the caravan club" I
replied that I was going to do so first thing in the morning as it was
Sunday. We then set off in search of another campsite; we eventually found a
site at 9.50 that evening.

The next day my wife rang the Caravan Club and explained the situation, she
was told to leave our contact telephone number and the sites department
would ring us back. We waited until the following Wednesday or Thursday when
my wife rang the club again. She was put through to a person named Sabrina
and was told that she had rang Puerta Del Sol and we had lost 100% of our
site fee because we was offered another pitch.

I have sent off the Photo's of this pitch and will let you know what
happens. The cost of this site was 617.00 for 17 nights.

Anyone who wants to see the photo let me know.

Old August 7th 06, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

I told CC about this site years ago.
I phoned CC Red Pennant and was immediately moved to another site.

Old August 7th 06, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Old August 7th 06, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Old August 8th 06, 06:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:55:49 +0100, "Motorola"
wrote:

|I have sent off the Photo's of this pitch and will let you know what
|happens. The cost of this site was ?617.00 for 17 nights.

Touring is better, then if you do not like a site just move on.
Old August 8th 06, 06:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 8th 06, 06:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 8th 06, 07:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Motorola

True, the only downside one would have to pay another site fee, which in our
case was 598.00 a large amount of our spending money. I am seeking legal
advise at the moment. Will let you know.

Old August 8th 06, 07:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Motorola

Old August 8th 06, 07:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Motorola