Caravan Cleaning

Old August 8th 06, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
david2

Default Caravan Cleaning

I have just bought some Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner, and on the instructions it
says I should wash it from bottom to top.
I always wash from top to bottom, so the dirty water runs away from what I
have washed.
Perhaps someone can explain this.

Old August 8th 06, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:19:16 GMT, "david2"
wrote:

|I have just bought some Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner, and on the instructions it
|says I should wash it from bottom to top.
|I always wash from top to bottom, so the dirty water runs away from what I
|have washed.

Same here

|Perhaps someone can explain this.

They want you to wash the bottom twice so they will sell more detergent.
Old August 8th 06, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

|I have just bought some Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner, and on the instructions it
|says I should wash it from bottom to top.
|I always wash from top to bottom, so the dirty water runs away from what I
|have washed.

Same here

Old August 8th 06, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

|I have just bought some Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner, and on the instructions it
|says I should wash it from bottom to top.
|I always wash from top to bottom, so the dirty water runs away from what I
|have washed.

Same here

Old August 8th 06, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff

"david2" wrote in message
I have just bought some Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner, and on the instructions
it
says I should wash it from bottom to top.
I always wash from top to bottom, so the dirty water runs away from what I
have washed.
Perhaps someone can explain this.

My guess is this, having used it both as instructed, and not. It probably
contains a 'wetting agent' the purpose of which is to separate durt from a
surface. When dirty water runs down an untreated area it leaves a smear
line. If it runs down a treated area, the wetting agent 'repels' the smear,
or at least makes it easier to hose off.
Geoff

Old August 8th 06, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 12:12:50 +0100, "Geoff"
wrote:

|"david2" wrote in message
|I have just bought some Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner, and on the instructions
|it
| says I should wash it from bottom to top.
| I always wash from top to bottom, so the dirty water runs away from what I
| have washed.
| Perhaps someone can explain this.
|

|My guess is this, having used it both as instructed, and not. It probably
|contains a 'wetting agent'

all detergents *are* wetting agents.
soaps as well.

Old August 8th 06, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 8th 06, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning