Steel - nail type - awning pegs

Old August 8th 06, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

Default Steel - nail type - awning pegs

I use 6" nail awning pegs - with the green tops. Although excellent pegs
especially for hard ground each time I lift them I manage to break at least
one of the seemingly fragile green plastic tops. Others say they experience
the same problem. While the pegs are widely available I understand you
cannot buy the hook tops separately.

I replace them when damaged but am left with several steel pins. Has anyone
found an easily adpated alternative hook top ?

Old August 8th 06, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Mike" wrote in :

I replace them when damaged but am left with several steel pins. Has
anyone found an easily adpated alternative hook top ?

"CampaMan" wrote on July 20:

I take a standard plastic peg, cut the top off and then drill a
suitable size hole to take the rock peg shaft. Have found once done
they last, unlike the rock peg originals.

HTH,

--
Geoff

Old August 8th 06, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Mike" wrote in message
I use 6" nail awning pegs - with the green tops. Although excellent pegs
especially for hard ground each time I lift them I manage to break at

least
one of the seemingly fragile green plastic tops. Others say they

experience
the same problem. While the pegs are widely available I understand you
cannot buy the hook tops separately.

I replace them when damaged but am left with several steel pins. Has

anyone
found an easily adpated alternative hook top ?

Mike

I have also found the same and I think that is why I prefer the nail with
the cross section welded to it.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk