french tv

Old August 8th 06, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
flybywire

Default french tv

any suggestions on how to see french tv on a uk tv in the van without using
sat

couldn't get anything on mine despite putting the "wings" out on the aerial

I know the fr have secam but is there a way round this pls

cheers

Mike

Old August 8th 06, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dieseldes

"flybywire" wrote in message
any suggestions on how to see french tv on a uk tv in the van without

using
sat

couldn't get anything on mine despite putting the "wings" out on the

aerial

I know the fr have secam but is there a way round this pls

Unless you have a multi standard TV set ..... No! Secam is 825 lines as
opposed to UK PAL which is 425, Totally different standard.
Infact the French their colonies, and most of the communist block are the
only countries that use Secam. The French to be bloody minded(1) and the
eastern block to stop people watching western TV

(1) After the war PAL which had been developed by Telefunkin a German
company, was the standard of choice for most of Europe and it wouldn't have
been good for the French to adopt that standard, instead of their own
Secam!!

Des

Old August 9th 06, 06:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:06:08 GMT, "flybywire" wrote:

|any suggestions on how to see french tv on a uk tv in the van without using
|sat
|
|couldn't get anything on mine despite putting the "wings" out on the aerial
|
|I know the fr have secam but is there a way round this pls

Get a multi standard TV, I have one from Lidl which would have done the
job. They are also from marine suppliers/marinas/chandlers. As you note
you need a different aerial.
Old August 9th 06, 06:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 9th 06, 06:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 9th 06, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mr X

In article , Dieseldes
writes

Secam is 825 lines

625

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secam#Technical_details

UK PAL which is 425

625

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadca...Table_of_world
_TV_systems
--
Mr X
Old August 9th 06, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mr X

Old August 9th 06, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mr X