BP Gas Light

Old August 9th 06, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Default BP Gas Light

Hi,

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet and I'm not certain of the
details, however....

It seems that BP has their Gas Light bottles on special offer until the
14th August. The not very well advertised deal (as I understand it) is
they will let you have the bottles free of deposit charge if you swap a
calor cylinder plus by a regulator and simply pay for the gas contents
of the new bottle.

The new bottles are much lighter than the traditional steel ones, made
of a see through plastic - so you can see how much gas is left.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old August 10th 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

artes pretended :
Tried my local dealer "Kimberley Caravans" & they don't know anything about
it.
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Hi,

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet and I'm not certain of the
details, however....

It seems that BP has their Gas Light bottles on special offer until the
14th August. The not very well advertised deal (as I understand it) is they
will let you have the bottles free of deposit charge if you swap a calor
cylinder plus by a regulator and simply pay for the gas contents of the new
bottle.

The new bottles are much lighter than the traditional steel ones, made of a
see through plastic - so you can see how much gas is left.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

I tried both of my local BP dealers and they both knew about the offer.
I have yet to confirm it, but it seems that the adaptor or regulator is
free as well. Full bottle plus regulator or adaptor is being delivered
tomorrow I'm assured for a total cost of 16.50 for a 10kg - just the
cost of the gas itself.

10kg was the only size they have at the moment, lets hope it will fit
in the locker.

Old August 10th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith Dunbar \(2\)

My concern is availability when travelling - as I understand it the number
of distributors is quite limited as yet, but I guess as the bottles contain
more gas that shouldn't really be a problem except for extended holidays.

Keith