X-trail 2.0 or 2.5 automatic?

Old August 10th 06, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doug Weller

Default X-trail 2.0 or 2.5 automatic?

We want to get an X-trail automatic, probably 2003, for towing a caravan
-- which will be around 950k.

We are terrible on clutches and love automatics, so it has to be auto.

Although I'd prefer the 2.5, we have an opportunity to buy a 2.0 that
sounds very good. = price, mileage, warranty, etc.

We know we will have to adjust our driving style -- right now we have an
Almera 1.6 SLX which is very peppy, and the 2.0 won't be.

But the question is, would we be crazy to get the 2.0? Should we hold out
for a 2.5?

Shame they don't do a diesel Automatic, but there you are.

Thanks

Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Old August 10th 06, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Menno

"Doug Weller" schreef in bericht
We want to get an X-trail automatic, probably 2003, for towing a caravan
-- which will be around 950k.

We are terrible on clutches and love automatics, so it has to be auto.

Although I'd prefer the 2.5, we have an opportunity to buy a 2.0 that
sounds very good. = price, mileage, warranty, etc.

We know we will have to adjust our driving style -- right now we have an
Almera 1.6 SLX which is very peppy, and the 2.0 won't be.

But the question is, would we be crazy to get the 2.0? Should we hold out
for a 2.5?

Shame they don't do a diesel Automatic, but there you are.

Thanks

Have you seen www.towcar.info? Maybe you can calculate the differences
there.

Old August 13th 06, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Doug Weller
writes
We want to get an X-trail automatic, probably 2003, for towing a caravan
-- which will be around 950k.

We are terrible on clutches and love automatics, so it has to be auto.

Although I'd prefer the 2.5, we have an opportunity to buy a 2.0 that
sounds very good. = price, mileage, warranty, etc.

We know we will have to adjust our driving style -- right now we have an
Almera 1.6 SLX which is very peppy, and the 2.0 won't be.

But the question is, would we be crazy to get the 2.0? Should we hold out
for a 2.5?

Shame they don't do a diesel Automatic, but there you are.

Thanks

Doug

I would expect any 2.0 litre to cope with 950Kg. Any difference with a
2.5 may show on long/hilly journeys.
--
hugh