Victor Meldrew trailer triangle rant!

Old August 11th 06, 07:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Victor Meldrew trailer triangle rant!

I don't believe it!

I was following a caravan yesterday, I think it was a Lunar, but the
back of it loked just like that of a coach built motorcaravan. The
obligatory trailer triangles were built into the rear light clusters in
such a way as being almost invisible as they were surrounded by red
plastic. No doubt at night they shone up wonderfully. My point is
that anyone not sad enough to have a interest and look out for the
triangles could go for a snappy overtake of a campervan and find
themselves half way up a towcar when the grain lorry hit them. (yes, I
hate prats who must overtake at all costs, but BMW has got to sell cars
to somebody). For my own safety I think that if I owned one of these
caravans I would fit an extra couple of triangles.

Victor (Barleycorn)

Old August 11th 06, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy Vines

wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't believe it!

I was following a caravan yesterday, I think it was a Lunar, but the
back of it loked just like that of a coach built motorcaravan. The
obligatory trailer triangles were built into the rear light clusters in
such a way as being almost invisible as they were surrounded by red
plastic. No doubt at night they shone up wonderfully. My point is
that anyone not sad enough to have a interest and look out for the
triangles could go for a snappy overtake of a campervan and find
themselves half way up a towcar when the grain lorry hit them. (yes, I
hate prats who must overtake at all costs, but BMW has got to sell cars
to somebody). For my own safety I think that if I owned one of these
caravans I would fit an extra couple of triangles.

Victor (Barleycorn)

Interesting point. Although I have never followed a caravan yet that you
couldn't tell was a caravan, it's just the way they move on the road
compared to a motorhome.

Old August 12th 06, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
johnh

snip...

For my own safety I think that if I owned one of these
caravans I would fit an extra couple of triangles.

Why bother? Said BMW driver wouldn't know the significance of the triangles!

Old August 12th 06, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
johnh

snip...

Old August 12th 06, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
johnh

snip...

Old August 13th 06, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jez T

"johnh" wrote

Why bother? Said BMW driver wouldn't know the significance of the
triangles!

And if you did cause a BMW to plant itself headon into a large truck, you
would only be making the roads a safer place.

(Methinks - not entirely sure of the logic of that, but then, not entirely
sure of the logic of buying a BMW in the first place. Never seen one in
front of a caravan though)