Argument

Old August 11th 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob

Default Argument

Please can anyone settle an argument in the pub last night re-loading a
caravan for towing.
My friend insists that you should load the car boot solid with heavy things,
then load caravan with heavy things over the axle
then the rest in front off the van, therefore putting all the weight on the
cars rear tyres.He never bothers with nose weight.
I said that you should load the car and van as per manufacterers
instructions and keep as close as possible to the correct nose weight
and balence the van.
Who is right??

Thanks in advance

Old August 12th 06, 01:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

You should know when YOU are right as your version contains factual truths.
Your friend lives in Cloud Cuckoo land.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper,
Volvo Owners Club (UK).

Old August 12th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:26:56 +0100, "Bob" wrote:

Please can anyone settle an argument in the pub last night re-loading a
caravan for towing.
My friend insists that you should load the car boot solid with heavy things,
then load caravan with heavy things over the axle
then the rest in front off the van, therefore putting all the weight on the
cars rear tyres.He never bothers with nose weight.
I said that you should load the car and van as per manufacterers
instructions and keep as close as possible to the correct nose weight
and balence the van.
Who is right??

Thanks in advance

You are, if your friend cares to look at the weight plate on his car
he will see four values, one is the max laden weight of the vehicle,
one is the maximum train weight for the vehicle,the other two are the
max axle weights for rear and front axles. If he loads his caravan as
he suggests he will inevitable exceed the max axle weight for the rear
axle, and even if plod does not pull him over he is likely to end up
with broken rear suspenson components.
Bill Lord