Motor Mover Insurance

Old August 13th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Default Motor Mover Insurance

Having just had fitted a motor mover to my caravan this year I today had a
look at the cover my 5C.s CC cover provides and I am rather confused.

Nowhere does it specifically mention and mover device at all.

Under Caravan the definition states " Caravan Items supplied by the
manufacturer"?
Under contents "Clothing, personal effects, etc.?
Under Equipment Everything else like gas bottles, awnings, but no mention of
a mover device.
Under Single article Limit "The max payable see section two Contents only"?
Which says "250 total with a 75 single article limit"."
So the mover is equipment but does not seem to be part of the caravan or the
contents but seems not to be mentioned elsewhere with a amount covered but
is stated in the cover as "The caravan, equipment, and contents"?

So its covered in Caravan as Equipment but to what level and therefore is it
new for old cover as the caravan is? Later it says within the first 36
months from purchase the caravan and equipment will be replaced new for old
"if stolen lost or destroyed" but does not mention damaged? But what happens
after 36 months ?

It does not seem to cover repair of equipment only the caravan in the black
and white. I assume it is at the approval of the insurance agent.

So it seems it is covered for the first 3 years but then the cover is
rather lose thereafter.

I wonder what movers on older vans are covered under? And to what level?

Any opinions.

Regards

Peter

Old August 13th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Peter" wrote in message
[...]

Peter,

Give the CC a call and find out, and then post back here what they say for
both the long and short term. I am sure a fair few here will be interested
to know. My mover is 5 years old now ........ so I will be interested to
know what they reckon its value is at that age.

Richard

Old August 13th 06, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Peter" wrote in message
[...]

I have just read the policy and Imo it is clear enough. The mover will be
included under Equipment, namely ''non-standard fixtures, fittings and
accessories added since manufacture including awnings, batteries, gas
bottles, generators, refrigerators, security devices, stabilisers, toilets,
toilet tents and the like''.

In summary it will be broadly covered new for old for the first 3 years and
then at market value.

Richard

Old August 13th 06, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tom Lea

Peter

Because of the high cost involved I specifically notified my insurer that I
had a mover and it is itemised on the policy along with the value. I also
have the awning itemised on the policy.

Tom

..